Landing Page not ranked but contact us page is?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by James12smith, Oct 25, 2013.

1. James12smith

James12smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My website has a few pages i have a landing page(home) that is filled with keyword content that i want to be ranked on google but my contact us page is ranked on google . Why is my contact us page ranked and my homepage is not?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Without knowing the URL of the page, it is difficult to determine the problem, but I am concerned about your home page being "filled with keyword content". Are you writing the content with the intention of getting ranked, or are you writing it for the benefit of your visitors? Take a look at both pages side-by-side and see if you can tell what the difference is. Also take a look at the source code, to see if there might be a problem there.

3. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Possible reason, the contact us page have more relevant content than home page. E.g. phone number, fax, company registration no. and email. Those are important information for user to contact you.

I agree with Joeroxx, without knowing the URL it is hard to rectify the problem.