Kindly review my new movie site and give your feedback

Discussion in 'Website & Graphic Reviews' started by simplyjo, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi All,

I have a new movie review site - http://entertheworldofmovies.com/.
    Basically, I write a short review on movies and add a link to watch it online.
    Do you like the theme/ format etc.. Overall, what would you rate my site and how can I improve it ?
    Any tips would be great.

Jo

2. europatv

europatv
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi simplyjo,

I have visited your website and read some of your movie reviews. My overall impression of your site is as follows:

What I liked:

1. Easy to naviagte - It was easy to find what I wanted. If I wanted romance, action, thriller no problem. The search function worked well and was also nice. Congrats!!
    2. Nice looking- Overall your site was nice looking. Nothing that makes you go wow, but most importantly didn´t make me want to leave.

What I didn´t like:

1. Unhelpful movie reviews: The movie reviews do not tell me anything out of the ordinary about the movies reviewed. Rather they are a blatent way for you to clic through to a P2P site to download the movies. I wouldn´t return because I want your opinion on these movies. Not just the actors names and movie genre.

2. Your website promotes illegal movie downloads: This is a huge no-no. Why don´t you sign up to be an affiliate with a legal movie distributor. Amazon perhaps or HMV. In the long run if you were to affiliate with them and write legitimate reviews you would make more money.

I think you have an interesting idea. You just need to change the angle you are going at it.

Good luck

#2 europatv, Mar 17, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  3. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Thanks a ton for a comprehensive feedback on the site. I bought these reviews off , hence the low quality.. I write my own reviews (personal, detailed opinions on my other movie review blog - angelskingdom.blogspot.com - Hence dont get time for 2 blogs.. I rarely get time for 1).
    I wasn't aware that linking to other sites was illegal :eek: I was told by a friend to do this and I just followed his advice !!! Will surely check out the alternates.

Thanks for an honest review.. Appreciate it.

Jo

4. europatv

europatv
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Let me clarify. It´s not illegal to link to other sites. Nor is it illegal in itself to link to the site you are linking to. Your website ¨seems¨ to promote illegal movie downloads. I was making the point that there are more lucrative and ethical ways to go about making some extra money, using your basic idea. Cheers!!

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'd agree with the excellent points made by europatv. Your site contains very little info by way of movie reviews and I really don't see anything there that would bring me back to it. I don't watch movies online and other than links to online movies, your site provides very little content.

Have you thought about who the target visitors for your site are and what benefits your site will provide to those visitors?

6. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the advice, Fergal.
    I was targeting users who would simply want to watch a movie online. Say, If I was looking to watch a movie online, I would probably just see the cast and genre, maybe a line or two about the plot - Correct me if I am wrong ?
    I have also changed the theme as last one (some say) looked kind of creepy. lol. Hope this is better ?

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here's my review:

Design: I find your site's design to be good. But nothing extra-ordinary. Your blog seems to be lacking a good header. Why not ask a graphic designer to do a custom made one for you? It might help in getting visitors attracted on your site.

Content: The content is rather lame. It's not really a movie review. It's just a little copied summary and rewritten. :( The text color is bad for the eyes. I can't read fully the content without looking directly at my computer monitor or zooming through the texts. You can put them all in white for much better readability.

Sidebar: The sidebar is really blank. Want to add some links to different categories or movie genres like Horror, Comedy, Action and many more for better navigation. You can also link to various movie related sites or online stores.

In my opinion, having those links are not that bad. But as I see it now, you just made this blog as a SOLE PROMOTION to the said site. It's much better if you write reviews on the said movie and lead them to a legit site that's selling DVDs of the said movies.

As you said, you have another blog with movie reviews right? Why not use this domain for it and use primarily use that one? It's much better that way. :D

8. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

If I wanted to do that, why would I use your site, would I not simply just visit the site you link to? Have you considered giving the movies star ratings, to give your site some originality?

It would also be great if you could find a way to encourage your readers to comment on the movies you list. The ability to read independent comments on movies, would give people a reason to visit your site and even better, start adding comments of their own.

The new theme looks great and the content is much better presented on it. It really does look a lot more attractive than your old theme and in my opinion your site has a much better chance of being successful with it.

Good luck with it.

9. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the tips, Fergal. I am happy you liked the new theme - Even I thought it is better than the old 'somewhat scary' one :)
    I do have a rating system on my other movie review blog.... Maybe I should add one here too. Though, I plan to lay low on the content for a while till traffic trickles in.

10. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you are wrong. Your traffic won't tickle in as you said if you don't have lots of good content on your blog. If you will stop updating it now, expect it to be dead in a few weeks time.

Try to update it frequently so that visitors will see more content and they will go back regularly.

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I agree with GekiDan, content brings traffic, not the other way round.

12. harrystone00

harrystone00
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your website looks great. But their some problem while browsing the the video. its redirect on some of the website and he show youtube url on it. So kindly check that. Your website looks like a blog. Keep updating your collection i am looking forword to read it. Thanks.

13. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, as far as I can see it, it's a blog. :D
    Anyways, since the OP is using free blogging platform, he can't upload the videos directly to his server/site. And he just puts link on the site where you can watch it.

Plus, since watching movies online is illegal, then he might be in big trouble if he hosts it on hsi own server.

14. CarlJackley

CarlJackley
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice Blog simplyjo... I like the design you've come up with...2 suggestions; you might as well try adding borders on your movie thumbnails so that they'd have a uniform look... and then make the description justified as well...your blog is one cool site compared to others out there...Two Thumbs Up to you.

15. Saad Host

Saad Host
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your looks ok. Excellent design and nice color of website but some problem in content.

16. dyngo

dyngo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I tryed to open the website but link don`t work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.