Kill Distractions

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Redd, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Redd

Redd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Distractions negatively impact productivity. Fail to deal with distractions and you'll waste a lot of time each day. Time which could be better spent a little bit more constructively. Imagine if the two hours you waste every day were instead spent promoting your business at the end of the year what a huge difference it would make!

Some ways you can kill distractions below:

- If you aren't expecting any important emails daily then check your emails only once. At the end of the day.
    - Same with phones. If you aren't expecting important calls switch off your phone. Your contacts will learn to adjust and call you only when your phone is on.
    - Bock sites which could distract you. It could FB, Youtube, Google . . .
    - Play no games when you are supposed to be working.

Any more tips?

2. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My husband is an internet user because that is related to his job in handling their office's website. Whenever he would sit down, he first act is to check his email. That's relevant to him. But next to that is the social media accounts and other extra curricular activities in the internet. Truly those are distractions that my husband admitted to me. So now he doesn't check his social media in the office to maintain his respect for himself... and to avoid distractions that can affect his focus.

3. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sometimes distractions can be part and parcel of your business depending on what sector your involved in. More and more people these days are deciding to conduct their business via email or web chat so even though they may cause a distraction, I think it's important to always be available.

4. elmarianexx

elmarianexx
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the tips, I usually get distracted quite often when I'm doing my work - writing.
    I always think of some films and see reviews, or just think of something I would want to gain knowledge on.
    Also facebook used to distract me very often, I would always feel the pressure to see what's on with my friends,
    by now I have got rid of that awful habit, and it's been a little bit better, but whenever I'm interested in something
    I always get distracted and out of track.