Kids Around You While You're Hitting a Frustrating Deadline.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by spare change, Aug 9, 2008.

1. spare change

spare change
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Here's a good behavior to practice to help you feel better when you are ready to pull your hair out and there are kids about while you are working.

PULL AWAY from the work task and address your child lovingly. You need to do this so you are not at the blood boiling point should you have to be forced to interact with the child during a pressed moment.

You'll love yourself for interacting this way even when you are in a grouchy mood.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum, spare change.

I agree wholeheartedly with your point. Everyone knows that it is very difficult to work when you have kids around you. If at all possible it is better to schedule work time when you don't have the kids. This is also much fairer to the children because it allows you to give them your undivided attention when you have them.

Children need a lot of attention and love and it can be frustrating to them and to yourself if you try to work when you are looking after them. Obviously sometimes this cannot be avoided.

3. spare change

spare change
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for the welcome. Yes, it is better to work without the kids being around. And now that school has started back this will be way easier to schedule. Oh and the Glory of making them go to bed "early", I'm enjoying that quite a bit. ;)

PS. I find it interesting that the school sends a supply list home that requests more office supplies than I would use in a two year time span! :eek:

UMM. Last year, two hundred pencils and now I'm shocked that they want ten bottles of glue.

I jokingly asked the kids if they were selling the stuff on eBay to raise money for the school. sheesh!

#3 spare change, Aug 11, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2008