keywords density

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by adamcalvert, May 20, 2013.

1. adamcalvert

adamcalvert
    uix_expand uix_collapse

according to google SEO technique, key words density is have amount 3% to 4% in content. is it right ? can google observe it ? and if the density of key words is not matched with search engine requirement it decrease the rank of web ?
    let me know about this. i like to hear some one.
    thanks.

2. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

From where did you got this information, did Google has written anywhere such figures.

I don't think so there is any particular number figure for keyword density, but bots can recognize Keyword Stuffing.

#2 rudradhar, May 20, 2013
    Last edited: May 20, 2013
  3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

If you are worrying about what the exact density of keywords should be, and whether it will hurt your rankings if you don't get it exactly right, then whatever you are doing, you're doing it wrong. Google wants searchers to find the most informative, most helpful websites. Website owners want visitors who are interested in buying their product/service, or people who have an interest in the subject of their website. Therefore, your website should be designed with a favorable visitor experience in mind, and the content, when read, should sound natural. If you do that, while including keywords in the content, you should be fine. If Google finds a problem, they will let you know, then you can fix it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jeff123

jeff123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, 2-3% keyword is a good way to seo...

If you increase the keyword density it is know as keyword stuffing and that Google would be able to recognize, and that would cause problems.. Your website may even get blacklisted for such keyword stuffing...

Everything in moderate results in effective search engine optimization...

5. adamcalvert

adamcalvert
    uix_expand uix_collapse

key words

Hey ! thanks rudradhar, joeroxx and jeff123

Well i get these informations from diffrent resources fron net. But you people guides me in better way. Let i search more about keywords. But how i know that my density of key words are according to need and requirements of search engine and if it is not then how i know about it ???
    Is google shows some of points that increse or dicrease my rank ?? How i know the factors which is playing major role for increasing my rank and search engine like them ??
    Thanks again for positive response of my previous questions.

6. Indianweb

Indianweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Latest penguin update hit all the website due to keyword stuffing on website. We Should use keywords density 2% and use LSI for less keyword stuffing.

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

What is LSI, and how do we use it to insure we are not "keyword stuffing"? Your post is a good start, but now provide more information about how your suggestion is to be used effectively.

8. FIBC

FIBC
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the dencity of keywords should not be more than 5%,normally 3-4% is OK.

9. venumssi

venumssi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

About LSI

LSI means Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI) is a keyword research tool to find most relevant keywords.
    Keyword stuffing means without proper meaning keyword used many times in meta tags, content and lsikeywords.com help to find more relevant keywords.

The keyword density one keyword within 8 % and two words keywords below 4% is recommended. Forus on optimizing content, and reduce over optimization to prevent google penalty

• Like Like x 1
  10. jaysh4922

jaysh4922
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keyword density is that search engines use this information to categorize a site's theme and to determine which terms the site is relevant to. The perfect keyword density will help achieve higher search engine positions. Keyword density needs to be balanced correctly.My advice that try to include your keywords without worrying about the 3 to 4% keyword density.

11. maxwebinc

maxwebinc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You don't have to use a tool in determining the LSI in the content of the page. You just have to include words or phrases that are relevant to your target keywords. For example, if you are targeting the keyword real estate, words or phrase such as house, lot, homes, or house and lot are sure to be on the content of your site. That's LSI. As long as you mention words that are relevant to your target keywords, you should be fine.

Abou the OP, Joeroxx is right. keyword density is completely useless if you don't offer good user-experience for your visitors. But to answer your question, you can include or mention your keyword just once in every 100 words if you are writing an article. For images, use ALT attribute.

Don't forget to mixing things up by keyword proximity. Mixing your keywords will help you a little. It's better than none.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Dewang Jani

Dewang Jani
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keyword density is the percentage of times a keyword or keyword phrase appears on a web page compared to the total number of words on the page. Keyword density is a very important factor in SEO and The perfect keyword density will help achieve top position on search engine.

For More Information:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyword_density

13. spyindiashiv

spyindiashiv
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keyword density is stated as the number of words on the page. Now-the-days, keyword density is just one of the side factors of relevancy measurement along with the anchor text linking, domain's age, popularity, visitor's count etc.

14. abhi_garg

abhi_garg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to Google, they even don't want you to think about "Keywords Density", Do you think it does matter for real users? No then why you think about it?

15. Xoomindia

Xoomindia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the density of keywords should not be more than 5%,normally 3-4%

16. dalevarman

dalevarman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keyword density is very important factor in determining whether a web page is relevant to a specified keyword or keyword phrase. It define the percentage of times a keyword or phrase appears on a web page compared to the total number of words on the page and yes it use 3 to 4 percentage keyword density.