Keyword rankings goes down. What should be done to overcome this ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by borgninestallone, May 27, 2013.

1. borgninestallone

borgninestallone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, my site keywords are showing major drop in Google.

Earlier my site was ranking well in top 10 in Google.com.au and Google.com. But when i checked my site rankings today, i was very much sad. Since most of the keywords are pushed down. In fact i was doing only the white hat SEO tactics for my site.

Please help me what should i do in order to recover my site rankings.?

2. JenniferLawrence

JenniferLawrence
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

Now a days Google keeps on changing its algorithm and because of which, the keyword rankings keeps on changing. It is always better to build backlinks naturally. This is one of the best way to maintain your keyword rankings on long term basis.

3. Xyphien

Xyphien
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is honestly the only way to keep your ranking now. As stated google changes their algorithm so much now.

4. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are doing everything the right way then you need not worry. Due to the algo updates rankings change. You can continue with your activities and in few days your keywords would again rank well.

5. watshelly

watshelly
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are always doing white hat SEO, then don't worry. Because google has just adjusted its algorithm, the rank may be not stable, just wait a few days and check again.

6. alansumit

alansumit
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Content is King in SEO. we have to concentrate on Quality link building so that only we can achieve good ranking for keywords.

7. mobilejammer

mobilejammer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To work on according to google algorithm then ur keyword ranking so well. Keyword ranking are not stable if u work in seo according then ur keyword is ranking in some days.

8. maxwebinc

maxwebinc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Since when did your ranking go down? If that's just recently, you need to observe first for the first few days or even until a week or two. If your rankings did not get back to normal, you need to map out your new backlink campaign.

Check all your anchor texts, authority of the sites where your site is linked to, your contents, internal linking, website issues, etc.

9. devinesoul186

devinesoul186
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As Google has started changing its algorithm frequently most of the websites are having such problem as the rankings of keyword keeps on changing. If you are building back links naturally or in a right way then it is good for your site otherwise your site will go down further. So always try to get back links from authoritative and of high page rank websites.

10. simojohn258

simojohn258
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with you and update fresh and quality content in your site regularly. But I think after some days your keywords will goes up if you really make a good links.

11. henna

henna
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Number of back links will not help to improve keyword position in SERP. So trying to get good and natural links to your website. that would be relevant and industry leaders.

12. Kuler123

Kuler123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Don't worry if you're always doing white hat SEO, Google has some change and the rank will be ok some next days.

13. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually google has become very strict in all aspects now,and made new laws and patterns,you have to see the present trend and go for it..

14. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Since, the new Google algorithm approached, Quality and original contents and backlinks can lift up your website's Google Rank. So Keep working on that.

15. princymelba

princymelba
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Right kind of backlinks can help propel a website from mediocrity to top rankings, turning an ordinary website into one that gets substantial traffic. When all of your SEO elements are in place, lots of traffic will lead to achieving your objectives, be it building a list or increased sales. Backlinks are easy to get once you know the techniques. The techniques are not difficult and once mastered the return on investment can be substantial. There are many places to look for backlinks and many websites are very accommodating to backlink seekers.

16. abhi_garg

abhi_garg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It was a mistake by Google
    Now they realize that it should pushed down
    No you not doing white hat seo, because you still have keyword stuffed signature

Why don't you read about Google Penguin update ?, It might be just a small fluctuation but Have you ever received Unnatural Link wanting notification in your Google webmaster tool ?

17. spychandan28

spychandan28
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For increase keyword ranking you can do all off page optimization, like directory, bookmarking, classified etc......

18. cathysmith

cathysmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Quality backlinks is the best option to improve your ranking because it drives lot of traffic to your sites and get the ranked well really soon.Secondly in today scenario content matters a lot, so you should try to post unique and relevant content.

19. VishalBhatt123

VishalBhatt123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

May be your site affect form any Google algorithm or Google panda update. So, your site was loosing the ranking at SERP. It is the main reason for loosing the SERP ranking at Google.

20. DIMCOorg

DIMCOorg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

Well what exactly do you mean by White Hat?

As an SEO pro. I see a lot of websites that think they're doing White Hat, but in fact they're far away from it.

From the limited info. you gave us, the only thing I can think of at this point is that your anchor text is over optimized. Or you don't have enough content on your site to be seen as an authority. Or maybe you're On Page SEO is lacking!

If you're interested I can take a look at your site! PM me your URL, I'll take a quick look.