Keyword ranking dropped Indexed pages no change

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by apexis, Dec 13, 2013.

1. apexis

apexis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Our corporate website‘s keywords ranking dropped but indexed pages no change,what happened? The website is www.apexis.com.cn, can you give me some suggestions?

2. derrickfowler

derrickfowler
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Recently Google has made some changes and as a result most of the sites have gone down in ranking. In fact the sites I am dealing with also have some fluctuation. It is majorly because of Google's latest update this year.

3. asad

asad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

can u people share the link that describes for latest google updates.. r u people guessing on basis of your search results

4. Iconiplex

Iconiplex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

These are well-known updates:
    moz [(d)o[t]] com/google-algorithm-change

5. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are a lot of things that can affect search rankings - a lot of algorthim changes, I mean. It's hard to say just by a forum post. Aside from immediate reactions to recent algorithm changes, there is also the ongoing effects of past algorithm updates if they go unhandled. It may take some study to figure out. Good luck, though.

#5 DeniseTaylor, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  6. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It is mathematically impossible for "most of the sites [to] have gone down in ranking." Every keyword still has a site ranking 1, 2, 3 etc... If one site dropped out of second place, for example,, another site must have gone up to take its place. there is still some site ranking in second place.

It may be correct to say "most of MY sites have gone down in ranking" or to say "most of the LOW QUALITY sites have gone down in ranking." It is probably accurate to even say "MANY sites have gone down in ranking" although indications are that the algorithm change did not affect as many sites as some previous changes did.

• Like Like x 1