Keyword Is Not Showing In Search Result.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by zotowatson, Aug 19, 2015.

1. zotowatson

zotowatson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello To Every Body,

I am working on a website alturacs.com and its main keyword Collaboration was at 115th position in Google SERP (Google.com). But now it not shown in Google Search result, Any one please suggest me what to do to get back these keyword in Ranking.

Thanks,
    Zoto.

2. steveposter

steveposter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Zotto! :)
    The keyword "Collaboration" is too competitive and I'm not surprised if your site only exist in short duration of time. I would suggest to take other related keyword phrase that mostly targeted your site page and most importantly for specific users. ;)

3. James4

James4
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First of all Collaboration is not a keyword right? Second thing you can't get ranked for "Collaboration" . Its only possible with your brand name i.e. "alturacs collaboration". So, my opinion for you is, do efforts for build your brand instead of targeting "collaboration" for that website. For your brand awareness you can run paid campaign for your main keyword that will help you to generate lead.
    I hope you will get my point. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In addition, Google has changed the rules of the SEO game and keywords by itself are not longer effective but long-tail keywords again, so you need to rework you search engine-oriented strategy to get your site topping on the main results page.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I agree with MyDigitalPoint and others who say that "Collaboration" may be too competitive a keyword to pursue. Your client's business is communications, so that is where your efforts should be. How many people looking for your client's services are going to search "Collaboration"? Not many, I would think. You should be doing research to determine where their potential clients are looking for their services, and pursuing those. For example, for "communication solutions", which gets 1000 searches/month, you're on page 2. For "business communication solutions", which gets about 320 searches/month, you're in the middle of page 2. This shows that the long tail keywords, as MyDigitalPoint suggested, may be better to rank for. The longer tail keywords get less searches, but they are more specific, so could get more conversions.
    While we're on the subject, take the link to Altura out of your signature. It doesn't help, and may in fact hurt, your efforts.

6. zotowatson

zotowatson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am totally agree with all the points provided by users but my client wants ranking for his website on Keyword Collaboration. Is there any other solution to solve this problem.

7. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Actually the fact that your client wants to rank for "Collaboration" is the problem. There is absolutely no reason for them to rank for the keyword "collaboration" because their potential clients do not search it. Their main business is appears to be communications, and this is where there efforts, or yours on their behalf, should be directed. If you are going to be providing SEO services, you should know that pursuing phrases that are not related to the client's business, and/or are not searched by their potential clients, is a waste of your time, and their money. If they are not willing to listen, and you are an ethical businessperson , you should be willing to say goodbye.
    Another thing you should know is that forum signatures are useless as link sources, and you should not be linking to your client's website in your signature. By doing so, you could be part of the reason why they are now ranked 115th! That's not what they are paying you for.