keyword density

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by usha, Sep 27, 2016.

1. usha

usha
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What is keyword density and what is the formula for calculating keyword density?

2. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

There is no formula. You just need to ensure the right words are in the right places on the page, the meta data and inbound links.

And every word on the page is a keyword. Some may be more relevant than others but Google indexes the whole page and will consider all your content.

3. Magento_oCodewire

Magento_oCodewire
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keyword density is the percentage of times a keyword or phrase appears on a webpage compared to the total number of words on the page.
    Keyword Density can be checked with the help of different SEO tools available online for free. :D

4. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Whilst your answer is technically correct it is of little value. Keyword Density is irrelevant and misleading. Just write your content for people not the search engine and forget about the number of times a keyword and it's synonyms appear.

5. jaydeep

jaydeep
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keyword density is the percentage of keywords in the content. It should be very high, it should be 3-4%.

6. Nathani

Nathani
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keyword density is the percentage of times a keyword or phrase appears on a web page compared to the total number of words on the page.

The formula to calculate your keyword density as follows: (NKR/TKN) * 100

- NKR Is the number of repetitions of a particular keyword.

- TKN Combined total of text analysis.

When calculating the density of the keyword, can ignore the embedded HTML tags and other tags because they will not actually appear in the text when it was published.

7. anusri2691

anusri2691
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keyword density is the measurement in percentage from the number of times a keyword appears compared to the total number of words in a webpage.

8. alastairbrian

alastairbrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Density represents the no. of keyword in a page and as some people said above that there should be 3-4 keywords in 300 Words description. However keyword stuffing should be avoided.

9. Baloo

Baloo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This reminds me about a situation I encountered last weekend.

Two weeks ago I had a discussion with a friend who recently opened up his own business. He knows that I am working in marketing, so he asked me for some help in regards to how to produce a good website and how to find customers.

My first suggestion for him was to read up on how SEO works, since I didn't have the time to talk to him in detail about every little variable. Recently I found a neat little three-part guide about the basics in keyword reserach, what to think about and what to avoid. So I told him to read up on that, and when he got the absolute basics I'd help him with further questions.

He read it and came over for dinner on friday night with a few questions, one of which were in regards to keyword density (or, as he described it, it would have been keyword stuffing). After trying his hands on his very first keyword reserach he thought he had found a few keywords that were super-popular and awesome. So he wrote a first text, which he immediately posted on his new website, and then asked me to look through it.

Well, let's say that he overused his keywords to the extent to where it go hard to read. So I had to explain to him about keyword stuffing, and how it really doesn't work anymore. Since my knowledge about marketing mainly concists of offline experiences I try to read up on sites like SEO-Land to keep up to date on news regarding online marketing. And I remembered that just previously the same week I read this really interesting piece about how SEO has changed over the years, so I sent that to my friend as well.

Sorry for a long post, but I thought maybe you could also look through these links to get a better understanding of how SEO works now?

10. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

No need to apologize, your post was very helpful, as it include links to other information, and tells a story about the thread subject that is relevant to the discussion. Well done! As far as the references you link to, the first is very helpful, but, as you pointed out, doesn't warn about keyword stuffing. I actually read the second article you referenced, and I'm following SearchEngineLand on LinkedIn. By the way, it is called SearchEngineLand, not SEO-Land as you called it.