Keyword Density

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by firstchoicecar, May 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I always heard about Keyword Density, with my own opinion, keyword density is a percentage of keyword with how many times appeared on a web page. how about you? any thoughts about this?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

In reality you only need to mention your keyword two or three times on most web pages. If you over use your keyword, it will not make comfortable reading for your site visitors and search engines may view it as an effort to spam or trick their search engine listings.

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As for keyword word density, I try to use each of my blog's keyword (category/topic keyword to be exact) mentioned on each paragraph on my article. And I think I'm doing the right thing since I have been getting increased search engine traffic when I started to use that method.

Here's an example: http://www.jefusion.com/2010/05/upcoming-sh-figuarts-july-september.html
    Am I doing it right?

4. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your major keyword density are all about 5% which is good enough.

5. Lingua21

Lingua21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would go for 5% as a maximum but at the same time it is important that your text reads well.

As well as repeating the keyword it is a good idea to use a sprinkling of synonyms.

6. Adam_Ly1983

Adam_Ly1983
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Although 2% keyword density worked well for my site, you can still have as many as 5% keyword density in each of your webpage. Just make sure that the keywords you use are competitive keywords.

Then, if you're making articles for online publications such as Ezine, stick to 2% keyword density. If you put more than 2% you won't be able to submit your articles.

7. jamesreyes

jamesreyes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keyword density is important as search engines use this information to classify site's theme and to decide which terms site is related to. The perfect keyword density will help achieve higher search engine positions. Keyword density needs to be balanced correctly.

8. diagurzula

diagurzula
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keyword Density is frequency of repetition of a given keyword or phrase in body text on web site. The higher frequency is greater the likelihood of a higher ranking in search results.

9. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm agree with you, because i read one article on the other site and found the keyword on this article, whenever i read it i can't be able to understand because the keyword was just in between the text. The writer was input the keyword without thinking that the article is not understandable by the readers. It could have been better if the keyword is understandable with the body of the article inself.

10. ImranJameel

ImranJameel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keyword Density is the ratio between the total number of words contained on a web page and the total number of times a particular keyword is used. It usually varies among Search Engines but it should be in the range of 2-8% for that specific keyword. However, 4-5% works best in this day and age

11. ronnyjsmith

ronnyjsmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keyword Density tool is helpful for webmasters and SEO’s get their positive keyword density for set of key terms. It is important as search engines use this information to classify site's theme and to decide which terms site is related to.

12. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can say 5% will be a good guideline but i dont actually too care about the keyword density as long as the content is good enough. And one of my website major keyword went up to 10%, not because of spamming but it is necessary

13. stevencarlos01

stevencarlos01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keyword Density is a very important factor for the webmasters and SEO’s. Keyword Density refers to the number of time a key word or key phrase is been searched on the search engines by users.

14. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can check your article's keyword density with the use of this tool:
    http://www.seocentro.com/tools/seo/keyword-density.html

From the site:

15. myerscooper

myerscooper
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keyword density is the percentage of times a keyword or phrase appears on a web page compared to the total number of words on the page. In the context of search engine optimization keyword density can be used as a factor in determining whether a web page is relevant to a specified keyword or keyword phrase.

16. revardwatson

revardwatson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keyword density is the ratio of the word that is being searched for that is the keyword, against the total number of words appearing on a given web page. As keyword density on your website is one of the fastest and simplest ways to increase your site's visibility in the search engine.

17. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Closing old thread. If the Original Poster would like it re-opened, please send me a quick PM and I'd be delighted to open it for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.