Keyword Density in Url

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jaysh4922, Jan 24, 2013.

1. jaysh4922

jaysh4922
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Can I use keyword in url,it is good for SEO...

2. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just saw your signature :D I can't baliv you.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I would not use a keyword just for SEO purposes, but if it is related to the content of the webpage, as in the "web development services" link in your signature, go ahead and use it. As with any individual technique, it my not make that big a difference, since the actual content of the webpage is crawled by the SE's, but as part of an overall strategy, i don't see any harm, as long as it is not abused.

Why not? How, exactly, does one "baliv" another person? Does it involve physical contact? Since you mentioned his signature, is it because only people in his industry have the skills to "baliv"?
    :D:D:D:D

4. Ronei Daselva

Ronei Daselva
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes absolutely, its perfect to use keywords in URL. But i want to aware you about Google EMD(Exact Match Domain) update. Those page or domain have EMD but have low quality they can be penalized by Google.

5. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I baliv the post is spam actually so I'm surprise no one reported this. If this hapen to some forum, he would have been banned after a day. But now I baliv him knowing he made it! :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would second this. You can use keywords in your URL or Domain Name but you should avoid only making domains with keywords only. Since the EMD update came the site which have such domain names and low quality content will be penalized so you need to take care if this and use keywords accordingly.

7. zeropid

zeropid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The main thing is you don't have to bother about density, just not spam with keywords and everything will be ok

8. TimB

TimB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is more appropriate to optimize the keyword as much possible, the use of keyword is much more effective when used in the body or used as a conversion form on the web page.

I hope my answer helps you!

9. borgninestallone

borgninestallone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Earlier keywords in the domain plays a major role in ranking a site in search engines. But as the spammers raising quickly, Google has made a change in its algorithm which is nothing but EMD update. It is nothing but exact match domain. The domain name does not plays a major role in ranking a site if it has a low quality content in the site, even if the domain names matches the keyword.

10. spyindiashiv

spyindiashiv
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keyword density is calculated as.
    Keyword density= Total keyword used*100/ total no. of words in the article

11. Randy McKown

Randy McKown
    uix_expand uix_collapse

LOL yeah they offer SEO services yet ask goofy questions like that .. and people keep responding like its a real question. LOL too funny :p

12. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

On the other hand, his question did start a discussion that others who also do not have the knowledge that SEO professionals have may find helpful. I enjoy lively discussions with those who use different techniques, and want to know more about techniques that others use.

13. bethw

bethw
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, keyword in url helps in optimizing that keyword definitely, but your content should relate to that and it should be of high quality.