Key to your success

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by RestOwner, Oct 28, 2010.

1. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Having a good paying job, your dream house, dream car and a family of your own would be one of our greatest dream but in order to attain this would consider a lot of factors. So what do you think are the keys in having this and in how many years do you think you'll be able to gain all of these?? :dunno:

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The first step is to know what you want. Many people have only a vague idea of what success is to them and vague ideas will produce vague results, to paraphrase Jack Canfield. Take some time to write down what your dream car, house and job are and then write a list of actions that you can start working on immediately to achieve those.

When it comes things that money can't buy, the important thing is to have integrity and to be good to others. Decide on the type of partner, parent, person you want to be and then be that type of person. I don't mean to imply that you should try to be something you're not, but rather decide what your values are and then be true to those values. Be true to yourself and enjoy what you are doing.

3. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think having a single goal will be everyone's key to success.
    Take a look, if you have a goal, you'll do your best in everything you can to achieve that goal. Even if you fall once, twice or more, you still continue trying until you reach that goal.

4. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just want to find out if you Gekidan and Fergal can say that you are now successful? :D I do have my goals and taking it one step at a time..

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

RestOwner I've the good fortune to enjoy success in the important areas of life. Financially I've been hit quite hard by the recession. In Ireland the recession has been particularly tough on the construction and property investment sectors. I've been involved in these sectors and am currently experiencing negative equity, however things are beginning to move in the right direction.

6. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well that's how business goes.. there are always the ups and downs.. and I am glad that somehow you know how to deal with it.. especially that recession, almost all are affected by it even the restaurant that I am working for, they have to lay off employees to cut down their cost and so glad that I am not one of those..

7. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with what's been said already about being focused on solid goals. I think your thoughts create your reality. You draw to you certain people and situations that accelerate the speed at which your life becomes what you want it to be. Without a clear picture what you want to achieve in your mind, you'll flounder.

We all have different dreams and definitions of success. I for example wouldn't care about what car I had but I would like to feel fulfilled in what I do. I don't define success really in material possessions. I align myself more with feeling good about myself, how I lead my life and discovering my place in the grand scheme of things. In that respect I'd say I'm successful most of the time. There's always room to do better. :)

Abraham Lincoln said that the key to success is under your alarm clock. Hard work and drive helps too. :)

8. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can say yes. From the visits it's currently getting, over 3k a day, I'm successful in my blog.
    Plus, with the amount of valuable collections in my hands and the way I could help my parents in expenses. :)

9. VVhite_Angel

VVhite_Angel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well we all succeed, most are little some are big but they're more easy to see than the little ones !

Trying to focus on little and big at same time is a good way

10. llm0824

llm0824
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Find the direction, persistence to do, but I find that is hard to find the correct direction.

11. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

nice to hear that even though you are successful in your own way you still didn't forget to help your parents :) that's the nicest thing I have heard so far..

12. ledison

ledison
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes,i think the most import thing is know what you want to do and just do it.i think Bill gates is the best samples.who can give up Harvard degree?

13. sneha123

sneha123
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Hello to all,,,,,,sneha here,,,,i agree this comments,,,,,,,,,"Having a good paying job, your dream house, dream car and a family of your own would be one of our greatest dream but in order to attain this would consider a lot of factors. So what do you think are the keys in having this and in how many years do you think you'll be able to gain all of these??"...............keep it up !!!!!!!!!

14. Alfred23

Alfred23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe that hard work is still key to success. It's just like, you must do something to create something.

15. ramirezhenry55

ramirezhenry55
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Be focus, persistent and ready for any challenges. I can consider myself successful in some areas of my life but only almost there financially. I am enjoying my way there so I think there is no problem actually. The main goal perhaps should be not to accumulate too much wealth or money but to be able to enjoy life and be a blessing to others always.

16. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Always remember where you came from and be able to share the blessings with other because that will make you more successful ;)

17. Bocacristian

Bocacristian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

RestOwner what is your current occupation if I am not too direct?
    I have am re-reading Cashflow Quadrant written by Robert Kiyosaki,and your words sounds familiary,I will recomand you to read a little this book,and you will obtain the best answer to your question.
    I think You are an employee,because this is the core value of an employee " I am looking for a high paying job with benefits" Robert Kiyosaki.
    I thing a waise choise for you will be take a look over this book,and you will find the way to achieve your goals in notime,But after you will understand the Process.
    Thank You !
    Great Topic!

18. RestOwner

RestOwner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I am an employee and currently working at a restaurant.. I'll try to find the book you're saying and read on it.. thanks..

19. DaveB

DaveB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

be able to bounce back fast from failure and never give up

20. catalystcoach

catalystcoach
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First: Know Thyself

I don't believe it's enough to just know what you want. A lot of people have a clear vision, but neglect really looking at themselves to determine their strengths and weaknesses. For instance, if a person decides to start a business (has a great idea, a great plan, and a great service or product, etc.) and doesn't really (honestly) know what they are good at they may be set up for failure right out of the gate. If they, for instance, do not have the ability/skill set to sell their product, yet decide they are going to be the salesperson of their organization, they will more than likely fail. Recognizing your strengths and challenges is of utmost importance when starting and running a business. Get some behavioral testing done to determine what your strengths and challenges are.