Key factors to influence the development of a new site?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by eKindom, Apr 18, 2012.

1. eKindom

eKindom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How can we make a new site develop quickly and stably? What are the key factors which influence the development of a new site? How to run it well? All advice and opinions are welcome. Thanks.

2. mscott

mscott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Use a reliable host - I know there are numerous comments about that on this forum (Hostgator, BlueHost, etc.). The quickest solution that offers the most flexibility is to then install WordPress in your account. HostGator for example offers two options to do this that are basically completely automated.

The reason I suggest WordPress is that from there all you really need to do from a technical standpoint is make a list of the features that your web site should have (ecommerce, portfolio, forum, etc.) and begin researching the various free and paid WP themes that are available. Pick one that does what you need and looks good to you, install it. From there, it is pretty much now a matter of creating / uploading your content.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Without knowing what kind of site, it is impossible to answer this question with anything more than generalities. An eCommerce site is going to take a very different approach from a news site. An authoritative information site is going to develop in a very different way than a forum or other site that requires user-created content. A personal blog is going to different than any of those. A directory will be different still.

There may be a few things in common, but the differences are more important to recognize than the similarities. Each has its own needs.

4. eKindom

eKindom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

sorry for my negligence of the site details. in my question I refer to eCommerce site, an electronics online store.

5. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Offer what reader wanted and the product is not offer by competitor. Then follow by SEO, advertising and marketing.

6. johnnyS

johnnyS
    uix_expand uix_collapse

on "develop quickly and stably", as a web developer you must provide full specifications of the project with all the resources the dev needs such as images and features you want to be applied on the project. because most of the client's complaints to developers are not giving results according to their timeline but if ask developers they will just say that the clients don't give much specs and expect too much on the project..

7. stellaandreapark

stellaandreapark
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Website design comes after you've developed a business plan and a corporate identity standard with clear visual identity guidelines. You'll design your website according to these documents. For more information on this topic, please review: Google's Webmaster Guidelines.

8. mv5869

mv5869
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Get the basics right.

A clean, simple layout. A compelling idea, and most of all fast hosting.

9. eKindom

eKindom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, you are right. in fact I wonder the effective way to advertise, to promote our business, our site.

10. mbitsol

mbitsol
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Make sure your website is WC3 compliant, Loading Time of Website should be in seconds, keep the navigational structure very simple and clear for the user to find exactly what they’re looking for.

11. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your site must be easily understandable by user and avoid to put unnecessary things which may confuse the user. Content Management System CMS is the best solution to meet the demands of rapid content development. Your website can determine the success by your overall internet marketing and sales efforts.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mscott

mscott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Which is why - no matter what the business model - a site built on WordPress makes a lot of sense. Tons of themes, all kinds of e-commerce plugins, forums, native blogging support, etc. And lots of options regarding how much you are able to budget...

13. eKindom

eKindom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your opinions. it seems that i should start from the good construction of the site per se. Then what about the website promotion?

14. elina

elina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Key factors in building a ecommerce site
    1. Flexibility : whether the site is flexible or not, as per the business requirement. business needs keeps on changing timely, so ecommerce solution should match the requirement.
    2. Scalable : site should be more user-friendly, as your business grows to multiple levels, it should be more compatible.
    3. Affordable : For all the user it should available in affordable cost. for small businesses the affordability will be the important factor.
    4. Multichannel : you site able to run with multiple channels.

other factors
    1. type of business
    2. size of business
    3. profit margin

there are companies provides you the website design with affordable cost and user-friendly solution. more your website more flexible and attract the new customers for the business
    Nichesuite also one of the company provides you the best service in website design. Nichesuite provides all kids of services including ecommerce web design, online shopping solutions, SEO & SMM services etc.
    Try Nichesuite

• Like Like x 1
  15. Krisz Rokk

Krisz Rokk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with mbitsol. Master the fundamentals: friendly, simple navigation, high quality content, clear & concise structure, loading time is important, hosting, necessary plugins..... SEO, marketing (article, video, forum, e-mail etc.), blog commenting ....
    WordPress offers great opportunities: low cost, have it up and running fast.

16. MicroScriber

MicroScriber
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have done extensive research in optimizing websites. All of the answers within this thread are accurate, but as the saying goes, "it's easier said then done." I finally resorted to buying software which analyzes any page of my website based on the keywords I want to use. Using the software, within three months one website I spend most of my time working on made it to page 1 on Google, Bing, & Yahoo (Yahoo now using Bing for searches); page 1 out of 1.4 billion results. The fore mentioned website I do much work on is MicroScriber at http://microscriber.com. Here recently with all the algorithm changes Google has been making, the website dropped and is no longer on page one yet can be found depending on keywords used starting at page 3. Bing however, it has been on page 1 for close to a year and using various combinations of similar keywords, the site is also being found on pages 2 - 5. Try as you may to do it yourself getting on top page results without SEO software, however I can't imagine getting it done without software designed specifically for this task. It's easy for me to say considering I can write both client and server side scripting. However, I suggest staying away from websites who can "build you a website" and "get you in Google fast". I know too many people who have tried such services. It's very costly and to accomplish everything required to get a website on top pages of search engines, these places aren't going to do it for you. If they could, then why does so much of the population write their own webs versus have a "we can build a website for you and get you in Google." It's simple. They don't work.

17. smartkathy

smartkathy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello!

Your efforts are admirable. I do agree with you. Above discussed factors are very important. I would like to suggest one more factor which is Customer Retention, which helps you to connect with your customers.

18. smartkathy

smartkathy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello mscott,

I really like your suggestion. Thanks for sharing.

19. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Websites are manly developed for user experience - not just for the technical website aspects and many more (of course it is important)

20. danadlington

danadlington
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the key thing to know when building a new site is what is it's purpose.

I know from my own experiences of building sites that you can waste a large amount of time building it and if no one visits. Build it and they will come does not apply to web sites unless you know your niche and have traffic source such as an e-mail list.

Before you build the site do some research regarding the niche you are entering. Failure of web sites is mainly down to the webmaster or site owner not answering the question or the goal of the person searching effectively.