Keeping your head above water.

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Jerlene, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What do you do to keep the doors to your business open? Do you offer coupons, deals(buy one, get one, etc.), run contests, etc.?

It's hard for businesses to stay open, especially smaller ones, so what do you do to keep your business running?

2. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

First at all, always ensure the quality of the product/service, public or customer will tell to each other if they are satisfy with your product/service. Giving out some discount, coupon or sample is good when you are taking about new product, this is to let your potential customer try on the product and know how good they are

3. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I check for competitor and their prices, their offers. After that, I compare it to my own business deals and prices and research whether competing with at a lower price to my competitors will bring me some good ROIs.. It is always risky to compete at lower prices.

4. malkyb

malkyb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My business I have to call on companies to increase sales. It isn't easy at the moment but you just have to keep positive and keep calling.

5. ThirdSEO

ThirdSEO
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One of the best aspects about what I do for a living is that my line of business has incredibly
    low overhead, which means I could literally not have a customer for an entire year and still
    be fine. Are you running a brick and mortar business or are you working the Internet angle
    like the majority of us here?

6. asad

asad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I did a job in a company, they have online printing software for print industry, and have their own server for clients. So when ever they catch a client they host his site, and they have all his data base. They extract all emails from his data base and send direct mails to all regarding their software.

7. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I keep a watch on the competitors service and prices and then try to give best of combination. And also I follow ethical rule, respect customers and try to prove yourself to be beneficial with whatever they are being provided with.

8. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I keep it great, I make observations with my different competitors, I take an test about the behavior of the customer so that I can make my own ideas, and one of the most important to me in this case like this is to become innovative in all aspects.

9. glitchkids

glitchkids
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What about things like Groupon or Living Social? I am also starting to hear about frugaldad.com helps to promote your coupons. These are my ideas. I also like the idea of mixing social events with your company.

10. Alan2011

Alan2011
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I always make the discount when my clients buy the items enough .

11. Navida

Navida
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Always try to deal in quality, Most of the customers did not compromise on quality.IF you are selling a high quality product or service the it will create a good word of mouth for your business. People will ask for the product by name. Seasonal discounts, promotional discounts, and old customer discounts are very effective tools to attract and retain retain customers.

12. lloydcommoder

lloydcommoder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I make potential customers opt-in on a list where they can choose the percentage discount they would like on a product. Usually they want a 10% discount. Then after some time i send them am e-mail offering the discount. The conversion rate is about 50%.