jobs and career

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by asnetworksltd, Jan 27, 2010.

1. asnetworksltd

asnetworksltd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

job is important or career?

2. johndale

johndale
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They have the same meaning but career is a more long-term profession. If your job is a web designer, you can be flexible with your career in IT industry.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

When I was starting out in my career I tried to think of the long term rather than basing my decisions on the short term. For example my preference was for a job where I would learn a lot and gain valuable experience, even if it didn't pay as much as some other jobs where I would not learn as much.

4. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually you need to think about your career first and make job according to it. I believe job should be done with proper way to career.

I would be very keen about my career first and then start a job according.

5. chinaoilpainting

chinaoilpainting
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think career is important. You should make a good career planning before job. So you will reach your goal more easlier and faster.

6. gtt

gtt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me, building a career on SEO and IM/AM is quite more interesting than several crappy jobs that I've been doing before. I'm just stating based on my own experience.

There's a lot of opportunity here and there's so much to learn (and gain).

I can see a bright future in here :=)

Just my two cents.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good luck with all that gtt, I hope it works out for you. When creating a business or career we often have to make sacrifices in the short term, in order to work for greater awards in the longer term.

8. gtt

gtt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, that's true. I used to try working so hard for the jobs that I've been into before but these companies really have to cut down its workforce which leaded me to jumped-in from one to another company and the rest is history. But for an instance, it has developed me to become wiser and brighter in every way, both for my personal and professional aspects and that being said, I'm always being grateful to God.

So, I am pretty much ready to take this new work challenge.

Thanks for always sharing your delightful thoughts and kind words.

Best of regards.

--Gerry

9. gilroy

gilroy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with you. But in my point of view your job affects on your career. If you are doing a worthless job your career affected by this and may you loose bright career.....

10. kinse01

kinse01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually, they are both important if you can change your career through find descent jobs and we need to play hard to avail it. And a key to success is hard working.

11. amndacatr

amndacatr
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Jobs and Career cannot be talked as differently. First and foremost, we all plan to have a great living but only a few attain it. So, it's important how we see things.

Let me have an example to discuss about here, I think most of would have heard the name of Andrew Carnegie: The Scottish-American Industrialist. The great man started with a job and had a great career to his name. He could be considered as an example. There are many more of such examples that we could provide over here, I think that just makes it clear what I would like to say. To me both of them are kind of interlinked with each other.

12. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Career is long term compare to job. However, to get a good career, you need to have good job

13. reynoldcastellino

reynoldcastellino
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Jobs and carreer are very much the same. if you carry on your job for a longer period of time it becomes your carrer. jobs are carrer is something what a perso does for a longer period of time. its a better option to make your carrer in firld where you are working.

14. aandybinaton

aandybinaton
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Many people believe that choosing a job and choosing a career are the same; however they are different.. A career is the pursuit of a lifelong ambition or the general course of progression towards lifelong goals, career may not mean stability of work as it encourages one to take risks. Job is an activity through which an individual can earn money. It is a regular activity in exchange of payment, A job is “safe” as stability of work and income is there.

15. greighuge

greighuge
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to me cureer is more important than job. A job is employment in which we work to get paid with no interest in furthering us in any particular field. A career is the pursuit of a lifelong ambition or calling.

16. valentinohill11

valentinohill11
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A job is impressive you do to make yourself precious to the company in order to come back in future. Career, when you are valued by the company and it provides all the perks to ensure you come back tomorrow. Job makes enough money for you to support you family.

17. bmk

bmk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice

Hay there
    first i would like to thank you for such a great contribution about things here.
    That is more like it,
    Any ways according to personal analysis and experience i always prefer career over my job.
    Because one can survive with even some odd jobs,but if one do not have the career then one cant excel in the long run,
    Because career is a long term planning for an individual.
    so its much important

18. dillan598

dillan598
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A job is employment in which we work to get paid with no interest in furthering us in any particular field. A career is the pursuit of a lifelong ambition or calling.

19. davelampord

davelampord
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The two things that cannot be discussed too differently are Jobs and Career. The fact is, everyone plans to have a fantastic career but only a few achieve that.

20. linerrobert

linerrobert
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Jobs and Career are hard to talk about separately. Everybody wants to build a career but only a few people manage to make it till there.