jobless webdevloper

Discussion in 'Employer Issues' started by anon1234, Mar 2, 2016.

1. anon1234

anon1234
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i learnd web development years ago.
    i know how to program client/server side, i created a few database and user based projects.

but i cant find any stable income those clients that i do find try to use me and pay as little as they can, amounts im ashamed to tell about.

i dont know what to do anymore, soon ill need to go back to physical labor work. im a programmer an intelligent person i dont want to be treated like dirt again.

i know that there are people with the knowledge that can help me make a living from this profession.
    i know that there is alot of work worldwide in web development.

please someone help me, send me a private message write it here please help me.

2. CWPDEV

CWPDEV
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Anon,
    It's definitely tough to scrap out a living in web development--especially with the global level of competition. Some of the strategies I've been successful with are:
    -Build a base in the freelance markets (I use Guru.com, but Upwork is the largest market place out there right now), The jobs are cheap, but it's a good location to meet new customers, build relations and see industry trends.
    -Establish your site. It took me a long to to realize the importance of this, and I'm still working bringing mine up to snuff. But a web developer needs a good storefront on the web.
    -Sustain long term relationships with your customers--you'll both be happier with a well establish business relationship than a fly-by-night project.
    -Be present in social media.
    -Be available for multiple forms of communication: not just email, but customers value Skype, Phone, and text as well.

3. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hey man, cheer up. If you are good enough web developer, there is plenty of work for you on various platfroms. If you are not sure where to start, get on Fiverr or upwork and you should have some work within few days.

4. Rob Schneider

Rob Schneider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dont be depressed , Web development is a very great thing to learn and like you said you are a very intelligent one.
    You just need a good employment place , can you tell me which country are you from?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Megan Rae

Megan Rae
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It will be helpful to sign up in upwork as a freelancer. It has a lot of pros and cons but if you want to be on a project based, this will definitely work for you. What I like about being a freelancer is that, I am not bounded my any company rules but of course, professionalism is always a priority for me.