James Jackson's "Local Internet Marketing Empire" -- BEWARE!

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by ProfitClinic, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProfitClinic

ProfitClinic
    uix_expand uix_collapse

G'day gang,

I bought James Jackson's latest offering, "Local Internet Marketing Empire" MRR package yesterday and tried to install and test the autoresponder software he promotes on the sales site with this copy:

"All your local business clients need an email management system.

"And this is a revolutionary new tool that makes mailing list management and smart auto responder management drop dead easy without the big technology learning curve!"​

I couldn't get it to work, so I contacted the support link for the software, owned by Jeremy Burns. Here's the reply I received this morning:

Sorry John,

We stop selling this product over four years ago and stop supporting about three years ago.

We sold this with master resell rights however so there are still a lot of people selling it, even though it is entirely outdated.

You are going to want to request support from the person you purchased it from, but personally I would request a refund, this is a very old product unless you possibly purchased from someone that may have updated it.​

Not really the answer I was expecting, but I've taken his advice and lodged a dispute via PayPal. But I'm also spreading the news to warn others, including a Google Sidewiki warning on his own sales page.

The software is NOT "revolutionary" or "new" or "dead easy". Here in Oz, Jackson would be facing $1.1 MILLION in fines for misleading advertising and misrepresentation for each copy sold.

Time to do something about this kind of blatant deception.

John

2. beancounter

beancounter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

James Jackson's "Local Internet Marketing Empire

ProfitClinic - thanks for that - I was just about to make the same purchase and thought I'd get some feedback -

I've found that James Jackson is selling a whole heap of stuff bombarding me with emails - everything is the latest/greatest/get rich quick stuff - which most times turns out to be outdated / irrelevant / disfunctional

3. koreannie

koreannie
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

how much have you spent on "Local Internet Marketing Empire" MRR package "?

4. John Million

John Million
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I read a James Jackson pitch just today! Sick of these people. One thing that really stood out to me was LOCAL. It seems to me that anyone offering a get-rich-quick strategy with a local focus has some serious problems: it's a small market full of small businesses which, even if they all buy, means you can't get much on a per-sale basis. Let's say you sold this email management system (and it was good) to EVERY small business in your town. The time it would take to properly invoice them all alone would take up most of your month, with no time to expand, offer support, etc. Am I missing something?

5. ash2611

ash2611
    uix_expand uix_collapse

James Jackson had ripped me off by $97 when I was in his list. He sent me an email claiming that he has a list of 55,000 subscribers and sold me an ad that was supposed to run months ago.
    I wrote him, sent him many emails asking him some questions, but he never responded, and never ran my ad. I asked for a refund, never responded too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.