I've got a business idea but will it work?

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by FrancescoRubino, Jun 28, 2016.

1. FrancescoRubino

FrancescoRubino
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello there!

I’m thinking to offer a new service to HR world through internet.

It’s a new way to find the employee that best fit your requirement and It will be called Shadow Me. It will consist, as the name clearly says, in following an Entrepreneur/Employee during his work day in order to have a better understanding of the surrounding environment. The shadowing can last from 1 day to 1 month and can also be unpaid.

Meanwhile I can find plenty of advantages for “The Shadowee” side (such as testing environment, experiment new job/path, expand skills and demonstrate how much you value) I’m struggling to balance advantages and risks on the “Shadower” side. I believe that having a person around you can be an hassle if not done in the right way.

I would love to hear your opinion concerning this topic and how you will rate the success of this project in your area of competence.

Thanks a lot for you cooperation!!

2. TechnokratsSujata

TechnokratsSujata
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am not sure about the benefits for the guy who will follow. If he is not paid for 1 day or 1 month while he was following an Entrepreneur then will he agree to take that break from his present work? Or is this for freshers only?

• Like Like x 1
  3. w3web

w3web
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It can work better i hope. But you need to exhibit complete smart professionalism throughout the task. Definitely people feel difficult when they came to know are shadowing their activities. But still it depends up on you marketing ability and communication expertise to win over their hearts. Wish You Good Luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. FrancescoRubino

FrancescoRubino
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello, Thanks a lot for you remark! Definitely we need to work on marketing and communication in order to distill our philosophy with the target, as you properly wrote, to win over their hearts (and their fears).

5. FrancescoRubino

FrancescoRubino
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Technokrats. Thanks for your message and apologies for my late reply.

The platform will be mainly dedicated to workers who are willing to change career path and therefore extremely motivated to spend their free time (or weekends) to explore new road.
    The guy who will follow could expand his network, learn new skills, take on new challenges, cooperate part-time, receive career advice or eventually meet his future boss.

I do have appreciated a lot your comment, if you have any other remarks do not hesitate.
    Thanks again.

6. boojstard

boojstard
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Francesco,
    Quite an interesting concept.

I would clearly like to be a shadowee as it would open my mind a lot and be a very learning experience.
    The shadower side does not seem as bright, but still. Some professions or ideas are very easy to copy and don't require a lot of money to start, thus the shadower would probably avoid shadowing. In the other hand, some would not have worry about sharing their knowledge and experience, so they may "buy" your service.

The project seem big, risky, complex, and I agree that it may require hard work to win hearts and defeat fears (as you mentioned before).

Few general questions so you may dig into the idea, you don't have to answer if you don't want to)
    - Where does this shadowing takes place? Internet, real life, both?
    - How does it take place? Phone calls or screen sharing if on internet, spending the day together if in real life?
    - Will you offer other advantages in addition to your concept?
    - How will you monetize?

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  7. FrancescoRubino

FrancescoRubino
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Boojstard,

thanks a lot for you comment! It's neat and very constructive.

I'll be more then happy to reply to your questions as follow:
    1. Shadowing will take place only in real life.
    2. It will take place, as you properly said, getting together during the day. In this way The Shadowee could have a clearer view of the job and the environment instead of a sneak peek during interviews. And to me, this an advantage not to be understated. For example I had a very little idea of my job and of my career path when I was applying at banking.
    3. I was thinking that these scheme might be helpful in the HR process. Let's suppose that I am a manager trying to fill a job vacancy. I've received 60 curricula, my HR select 10 out of them and I chose 5 bright candidate who will shadow me (or one of my group) and at the end 1 of them will be selected. In this way, I will understand how new candidates are compared when plunged in their potential environment. Would you buy into this perspective?
    4. In a world where my point 3 is verified, revenue stream could derive from Premium Account for candidates and Premium Page for Company.

I do have appreciated your comment, if you have any other remarks do not hesitate.
    Thanks again and have a good day!

8. Raj

Raj
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Business ideas are like glitters.. we need to validate properly in order to execute further..

Take a step further approach a small company and present it.. check how its functioning so you can expand it into big picture..

• Agree Agree x 1