I've been offered $10,000 Cash to start a Co-owned business.. help

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by strspeed, Oct 8, 2011.

1. strspeed

strspeed
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've been offered 10,000 to start a co-owned business with someone. I'll be the brains there the bank. Im looking for more of a online business but it doesn't matter as long as the money comes in. Bad news i have no ideas at the moment and i want to submit some kind of idea by Monday.
    I can code, outsource, you name it ill learn it.

Any ideas anyone?

-Steve

2. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just to clarify - Have you been told that they will give you 10k investment in the business idea?

#2 JPM, Oct 8, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  3. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Steve,

Welcome to Business Advice Forum. Hope we will be able to help you out in with your questions. The main business I can think for you would be starting out your own digital product and selling it. I have seen lot's and lot's of people making millions of dollars with just launch of there product. The idea basically is you launch up a new product with sites like Clickbank.com or others. Then you get to people's make JVs with them, Mainly with those who have some big e-mail marketing lists and also have big name in the industries. You give them some amount of commission the normal is 40%. Then, when you launch the product they send up mails to there e-mail list and people come to your site and they purchase your product.

This thing really works out great. The $10k investment is perfect amount for this and it can make up some great profits to you in short time. If you wish to hear more about this then please let me know. I would surely be able to help you out with this or any other business ideas you have.

Thanks,
    Sahil

4. strspeed

strspeed
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its more like: "I have 10K in cash and I want you to make us money. We split the profits 50/50. Find something and make it work"

I really like this idea. I just dont have any ideas for a digital product is all. I know exactly what you mean though products such as "Google Sniper"

5. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, exactly. The products like "Google Sniper" works the best. You can hire someone for that as well. There various people available who can make you videos and can make you a good detailed products. You can also do a partnership with one of the guy who have big names in the industry and he can guide you up all the way.

6. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i however think it might not work sahil, products from clikbank especially digital products can be shared online and people could download it for free once they found out. i'd rather prefer to develop a niche site and hire some good writers to make articles as many as they can and monetize it with affiliate products and adsense.

7. strspeed

strspeed
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My plan would revolve around a membership site which would offer information and how too guides that way i can monitor users IP's to prevent account sharing and minimize information getting leaked

8. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

what kind of files and info will you be providing for your members, if you don't mind.

9. strspeed

strspeed
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I haven't gotten to that part yet.
    I have my business model down now. I definitely want too incorporate affiliate marketing into the idea, that makes marketing the product much easier.

10. BusinessGeek

BusinessGeek
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In addition to the great pieces of information that are in this thread, I can contribute that businesses such as search engine result ranking are still a bit undone if you get what I mean. Basically there are several services of all types that can be one-time fees but I believe that we are still a little early an age of monthly cyber fees. Just figured I would throw this idea out there as if I had $10,000 I would totally accomplished this, the money is definitely there.

11. gushy0202

gushy0202
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do what are you best in... if you are good at programming. do that, let the marketers take care of marketing it...If you are looking for investment watch out that space only and not distract by being ready to do/accept all... my 2 cents...

Thanks.

12. Alexishost

Alexishost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

nice to know you, Steve . and welcome in community.

Why not starting a webdesign business and promote it locally?
    with your coding and your ability to learn , I am confident you will be easy to get started and get some clients in your first month launching your business. :)

#12 Alexishost, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  13. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is just 5% or less then that amount of people would go and search it for free download. I have seen many guys earning huge in just a week of launching there products. I have myself down JV with them and also have earned. But, not huge enough as I did not have big e-mail lists.

Yes, a membership site would work the best. You keep on providing them quality information made by the experts and they keep on paying you every month or the way subscript you keep. In digital product also they keep few upsells and downsells that also makes notable amount of money.

14. strspeed

strspeed
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sahil:
    If you wouldn't mind could you send me the Niche or name of a few products you've promoted that have done good? I would like to follow this.

Alexishost:
    I have followed this somewhat. I tried freelancing but all my clients either bailed out or made edits to there plan without adjusting the price where it wasn't worth my time. I've made my model more into outsourcing which I'm actively pursuing as of right now :)

15. khaleel

khaleel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want to do it online you could always sell hosting by buying dedicated servers.
    Hosting require alot of money which I think 10k is enough.
    It also require experience which I am sure you can find someone who has it

16. strspeed

strspeed
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I currently own a re seller account which i use to host my offline clients. I haven't been able to sell it other wise though :(