IT related help

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by smarties, Feb 1, 2010.

1. smarties

smarties
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

I am wondering if someone can help. I am stuck and will try and explain to the best of my ability hope I make sense... (sorry if posted in wrong part of the forum)

Basically, I have purchased the domain name and have got web hosting. I need to set up email addresses so I am able to send and receive email addresses from [email protected] and perhaps have a couple of other user names for the same domain. What is the easiest and cheapest way to do this.

Thanks for any help I probably sound confused because I am!:eek:

2. ASAmoto

ASAmoto
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don`t know how to solve such problem.

3. calebtheslacker

calebtheslacker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The way I figured out how to do it, is simply through your web hosting company. They should provide an email service since it comes with almost every domain. I have yet to purchase a domain without that quality. You might want to check and make sure, send an email to your hosts.

I saw you already got hosting so I corrected that. So email them and make sure! If not, then change ASAP. It's easy and simple.

4. Entré

Entré
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Please tell us who you are hosted with and which package your acquired. That would help greatly, and I could most probably give you a step by step guide or give you a link to one.

- Entre

5. Clinton

Clinton
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Email services are provided by your hosting company and the exact steps you need to take to set email up vary from company to company. Have you had a look at their online help pages?

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Does your hosting account use cPanel? If it is, have a look at the video tutorial, below. If it's not on cPanel please let us know what control panel it does use.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jjhod3dc7og&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jjhod3dc7og&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

7. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Generally as said it is configured through cpanel. Are you using any cpanel and which hosting company did you buy from?