Issues In showing Meta Data in Google

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by kpkarthik, Nov 21, 2014.

1. kpkarthik

kpkarthik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have updated the meta tags for all of my website pages especially the home page.But when i have search the website URL on Google,it was showing only home page URL and website name instead of actual title tag,description tag and keyword tag which i have inserted in my website.Why Google is not showing my actual meta tag in search result?

2. brainmoore

brainmoore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is because when Google crawls and index the website, they build up a theme of the website and business. If we put website URL in Google search result then it is very possible that Google will show website name first rather the actual meta tags. I recommend to search for any keyword on Google rather website URL.

3. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I searched your URL, and your listing does show part of the Title Tag, but uses part of the content of the page as a description. When determining what to use as the title/content of your listing in the SERPs, Google wants to show information that is most relevant to the search. This could be why you are seeing the website URL in the listing - because that was what you were searching for. The content of the listing will also be taken from the content of the page if that is determined to be more relevant. Why my result was different from yours I do not know - only Google does.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

it seems that your page is not crawled by Google. Once it is crawled, it will show the updated ones. Check out the cached date of your website or web page and it will show the page that was last crawled by Google. The updated data will be visible with the next crawl.

5. singhabhishek251

singhabhishek251
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have also experienced many times that Google shows different title in the search result than that of used title, because sometime Google shows title of the website based on the query and not the actual title to make it more suitable for the users. Google also shows title based on the different anchor texts you have used on many other website for linking to your website and so Google thinks that anchor text is more suitable as title.