Is your energy levels in the slumps?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by NateAnglin, Feb 9, 2013.

1. NateAnglin

NateAnglin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I know how this feels and some days it feels like our energy level is a scarce commodity. But the truth is our energy is highly dependent on how we treat our bodies.

Are we eating the right foods, exercising, living, and playing. Most of us business professionals say, ahh we don't have time to exercise or cook but that statement is not only naive but slightly stupid as well. I don't mean to be harsh but if our energy levels are low so is our motivation, productivity and leadership ability. Their is no need for you to drag around the office like a sloth in a tree. Be human, be social and get your energy levels under control. Energy is controlled by what you put in your mouth, how you exercise your body and how you engage your mind. So if you energy is low, you have your self to blame but the great news is you can change that.

Their are a few key ways to do this. Try them out:

1) Avoid grains
    2) Sleep like a baby
    3) Take a break from your desk to do some jumping jacks

Theirs plenty more ways , but these are just a few to name.

What steps have you taken to get your energy levels under control?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I am conscious of my energy level and do take steps to protect and improve it.

First of all I do make an effort to eat reasonably healthy, I have a lot of room for improvement but it is something I work on. Recently I discussed the topic here: What foods / diet would you recommend for increasing energy?

Like you have suggested Nate, I make an effort to ensure I get good quality sleep and exercise regularly. My energy levels have improved significantly since I've started making a conscious effort to make those improvements.

3. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just switch on the music ..relax or eat a bar of chocolate with coffee help me rejuvinate easily ..... A small nap of 15-20 minutes is also somethimes works like magic band...

4. Jay.

Jay.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I find that a regular sleeping pattern really helps me. When I was going to bed ridiculously late I was finding it incredibly hard to stay energetic throughout the day.