Is VoIP good for your business telecommunications?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by smurfcho, Jan 21, 2014.

1. smurfcho

smurfcho
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I recently launched a company and I am thinking fo using cloud based VoIP solutions! A company offered me no plans, no fees, just to pay for the minutes I use and the feedback from its customers are great! You just register on a control panel and plug your IP phones and you are good to go with many features, that traditional telecom do not offer or offer for a payment!
    What are your comments!

2. RoseAb

RoseAb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've been using JoiPhone. Maybe a little different from your Cloud technology.
    All my long distance is free so it is nice. I pay low monthly to get that.
    But here's the thing. Phone had trouble and "forgot" incoming calls. They didn't get voice mail, phone didn't ring, some callers got weird message about phone number not valid. This didn't happen a lot, but perhaps it was someone calling about a job interview, etc.
    Irregular but often enough to be very, very annoying, phone looses connection. I talk and other person can't hear anything.
    Now that they got me under 2-year contract it is much worse than it was before. So I will not use any VOIP again. The quality just isn't there.