Is Video Necessary?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by kateherbert, Feb 21, 2012.

?

Is Video Marketing Important For Business

Poll closed Mar 6, 2012.
  1. Video Marketing IS Important

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. Video Doesn't Matter

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. kateherbert

kateherbert
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey guys I have been reading a lot lately and it seems like video is becoming more and more important for business. When it comes to marketing video is a very powerful tool. What do you guys think about this and does anyone have any advice about this topic? Thanks? :)

Kate

2. Janechan

Janechan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends.
    If you want to do SEO for your site,you should not use video which may make your site load slowly.
    If you use PPC to advertise your site,you can use video which may be attractive and convincing.
    (When using PPC,the loading speed has nothing to do with your advertising purpose.)

3. GWTSEO

GWTSEO
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Absolutely, Kate. Video Marketing is one of the top SEO tools being used by many businesses and works best when you select the correct keywords, title, and description and then post the video to sites like YouTube and Vimeo as an example. Besides being seen on Youtube it can help with keyword search results on the search engines like Google and a known fact that people will generally click on an image before only a link. Just made a new video, posted it on Youtube and in 5 days that keyword search results returned on Google had the Youtube video on page 1 in number 2 position, my jaw almost hit the floor. So it works and I am advising most of my clients to take advantage of our affordable video creation and video marketing services. In regards to the other post here, it is okay to have a couple videos on your site, just don't make the size of the player huge if you embed the youtube video on your website. You are going to gain the most by posting a video to a site like Youtube and then driving traffic to the video. There are all sorts of facets involved in video marketing and if you need more info, always happy to help just give me a holler :)

4. kateherbert

kateherbert
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both of you have very good points, thanks for the replies :)
    I guess the problem is that I don't know that much about video lol. Its complicated enough getting all this SEO stuff down, now video too! lol. I defiantly agree with you guys I just wish I could squeeze by without it :)

Kate

5. AliceNolan

AliceNolan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most important. Not only text search optimization, important is to optimize images and videos as well. This is the part of the game and many people do not know it.

6. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Video marketing is only among the best and effective ways of marketing and promoting your business online. Unlike on TV ad where you need to contact TV channels and stuffs, then pay, video marketing online via youtube and other video sharing sites has helped online businesses offer and promote their products through their own produced videos that they can share to the online community and their target audience.

Again, it is ONLY among the Internet Marketing strategies that you can and businesses can use, and there are actually a lot of other aspects than video marketing that can also contribute to your website and to your products online.

7. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well other people prefer to view something than reading it and I do agree with Alex that it is one of the most effective ways to advertise something. Although make sure if you're gonna make one is that it supposed to be interesting or it will be a discussion-starter.

8. kateherbert

kateherbert
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I love all the comments :) I guess the next question I have is why don't more people use video? I plan to create a video sometime soon but I see that a lot of people don't utilize it.

Kate

9. Bournemouth

Bournemouth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is not true, Google bots don't actually load the video, and serving your videos on YouTube is actually better than serving them self yourselves since they receive more hits (YouTube is apart of Google) plus the fact its classed as a social networking site. It's worth noting that some extremely valuable sites have videos on their front page, video is known to actually boost SEO since it's added content, and why wouldn't Google penalize and not reward something they are so want to keep popular since its a major revenue stream for them.

Flash is slow, Youtube is not, Googlebots don't load Youtube Javascripts nor the Flash, they fetch the remote URL, meaning there is no speed different with or without.

10. kateherbert

kateherbert
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great post :)
    This clears a lot of things up for me thanks.

Kate

11. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Personally, I think video marketing is extremely important for a business. Especially on youtube and such. Videos are already very wide spread and watched all over the world. With out having videos to represent your business, you are missing out on a whole market. Although it won't help much with your SEO, it will help you extremely to get target audience.

12. kateherbert

kateherbert
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thats a good point, I just am a little nervous because I don't know much about making a video lol

13. Krisz Rokk

Krisz Rokk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with those members who said: video marketing is highly important for your business :)
    Youtube offers amazing possibilities and helps you target the appropriate audience. I would definitely include this 'method' into the SEO pack you're already using.

14. OurInternet

OurInternet
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to vote and my personal experience Video Marketing IS IMPORTANT

15. kateherbert

kateherbert
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its pretty unanimous so far lol

16. hidrick

hidrick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that video is important but not necessary

17. John Crosby

John Crosby
    uix_expand uix_collapse

YEs! Video does a lot of good things for any business... it's the best thing to make a very good advertising of your business.. and very important!

18. wholesalejewelry

wholesalejewelry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

it does some help,so if you want to try a new method to attract more traffic then do it.

19. kateherbert

kateherbert
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't know if you guys saw the product launch for "Cross Channel Mojo" or "Make-It Product Launch." But they used all video and I really liked it.

20. merryscanlan

merryscanlan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Top five benefits of Video in online business.

Online video increase your search engine optimization
    Video delivers a more personal interaction
    Gives web-users new visual information
    Online video is cost-effective to produce for the value
    Video increases a brand's recognition