Is Twitter the best social network for advertisement?

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by Ricus, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Ricus

Ricus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my opinion Twitter is one of the best Social Networks for advertising and promoting products. Usually I was only concentrating on Google Plus, until I started trying out Twitter. I have been getting about 25% more visitors since then. What about you?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

My experience of Twitter has been that it brings traffic to links I post. However, unfortunately it doesn't bring much in terms of action. E.g. if I post a link on Twitter to a thread here on BAF, it will bring a lot of traffic to the thread, but not many registrations or posts on the forum.

That's just my personal experience, it might be different for others.

3. ssstylish

ssstylish
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I prefer Facebook and Pinterest are better for advertisement.
    Pictures are more attractive than words and links. Twitter (Web Page, not applications) doesn't show pics in your timeline unless you expand a tweet.

4. elina

elina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Facebook, Twitter and stumble upon are the excellent in bringing the traffic for your site. Facebook fan page is one of the most attractive element. companies can have their present there and also manage customer interaction in the page.

5. Googleexpert

Googleexpert
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I defo prefer Twitter ;)
    - Sue

6. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I think it really depends on what you are marketing. My experience has been much like Fergal's - Twitter brings traffic to the particular post I've linked to, but they don't stay around the site. People who find the site through other means tend to read at least 4 or 5 different pages.

7. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Go for Facebook if you want to have more interaction in your content. But if you have less followers in twitter it wouldn't affect any of your post same goes for Facebook. Try befriending your potential clients and other related businesses.

8. remonray

remonray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

People use twitter for posting their status/sharing photos or their personal blogs and see celebrity news.So,if we advertise through twitter they may click the link and enter the site but i doubt they will return and remain active.

9. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When I am on twitter I really don't consider the other tweets while I am interested in to post my tweets. I thinks every body wants traffic but nobody gives :)

10. Ocean Archer

Ocean Archer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

do you mean just tweeting about your products or actually buying ad space on twitter.com? If just tweeting, how do you acquire so many followers to get a 25% increase in site traffic?

11. BODHost

BODHost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I will not consider any social networking website to run advertisement campaign, because people use these website to share their pics, thoughts or whatever, when it comes to purchase something they use Google. So I will choose Google Adwords over social networking sites. Anyway, this is just form my personal point of view.

• Like Like x 1
  12. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This explain that social media is more effective on re-targeting the existing audience, as for new registration it is more relied on search engine

• Like Like x 1
  13. fish

fish
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't think Twitter can be a nice choice for the users. It's hard to get fllowers on twitter and other social networks.

14. Nathan John

Nathan John
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well it is not bad for advertising but the best options for advertising are Facebook and Pinterest. Both are the best for this purpose and Facebook is the leading social networking site and it helps in advertising.

15. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's what you can call traffic without conversion. Tweets can be retweeted just to drive traffic. But one question remains - does it also bring conversions? No. Probably around 60% or less from twitter can only bring conversion while most are just traffic.

• Like Like x 1
  16. rangrage

rangrage
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree as well. I personally have not had much success with attracting new clients using Twitter. Most marketers I have spoken to also have tested many stategies using Twitter but the conversion rates where not grand at all. However, Twitter is excellent for building brand awareness, and keeping existing clients updated with your business.

17. lwonnaco

lwonnaco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My traffic from Twitter gather me up and add me to their email marketing campaigns. I'm on every list from kidney transplants to automotive repair. My FaceBook traffic is looking for something to amuse them and I am just not that entertaining. Most stop at the front page and poof off. The traffic from LinkedIn is so serious and business-driven for success that it hurts to read their stiff-necked critiques. It is the traffic from Pinterest who stop, read every page, and buy. How I figured this out? I put up a picture of my ebook on Flickr and then pinned it to Pinterest along with a couple catchy sentences about making money from a hobby. Pinterest traffic went to my site and inhaled the book. Try this, it works.

18. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that twitter is the best way to send out max advertisements but not likely to be clicked. As where if you use Facebook or something along those lines it's better quality and more likely to be clicked.

19. Denishverma

Denishverma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not only Twitter - now Pinterest is also in this big market.

PIN, Follow, Likes - everything at one place.

Cheers

20. Jay

Jay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well it is all up to your marketing strategies on the social network of your choice. There are plenty of people that have much more success on Facebook than any other social network. So it really depends on the marketing strategy you use in order to promote a website or product.