Is this is affected from Penguin or Panda?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ActionEstore, May 28, 2014.

1. ActionEstore

ActionEstore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello friends,

One of my client has send this picture to figure out that his website hit by any any google algorithm update or not.( Penguin or Panda).. No manual action message recieved from Google web spam team.

Thanks in Advance View attachment 2094

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

From what I see in the picture. it shows a spike in impressions from 5/9 to 5/13. From 5/13 on, the number of impressions goes back to normal. Because Panda and Penguin dealt with links and content, I'm not sure how, or if, a spike in impressions would indicate a hit by either of these algorithm changes. What was it that made your client think it did? Did he do something that may have caused the spike? If so, what did he do? Perhaps he did something that would cause a hit by Panda or penguin, which resulted in the spike, but then his impressions dropped when Google figured out what he did. Without more information, there is very little there to determine the problem, if there is one.

3. kpkarthik

kpkarthik
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In that picture the date was mentioned between April 27 to May 27.Recently Google Updated the upgrade version of Panda 4.0 on May 20.So your website may be affected by that recent algorithm.But not sure.Your image shown the impressions and clicks are decrease.The main reason is your website keywords are dropped.

#3 kpkarthik, May 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2014
  4. ActionEstore

ActionEstore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for your reply,

But how can say that it is affected because the website in the end back to the normal stage. And another thing is that I have disavowed some backlinks 15 Days ago and because of that ranking of the keywords might have gone down. & I don't think that it's because of panda 4, we have no duplicate content, it's an E-commerce website and every product uploaded by are unique and I have checked it personally.

5. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

My point was that I could not determine what happened based only on the picture you provided. Did you replace the backlinks you disavowed? If so, what did you replace them with? As long as you personally checked that there is no duplicate content, that shouldn't be the problem. If you have replaced the disavowed links, go back and check the links that replaced them. If not, they need to be replaced, with quality links, not forum or blog comments, or other low quality, spammy links.

6. Azzi87

Azzi87
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Panda and penguin nothing to do with the picture those algorithm deals with links and duplicate content. Just tell your client very clearly that graph could not say that the site is being hit by panda or penguin.

7. ConsultJoseph

ConsultJoseph
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There's no penalty because the current traffic was the same before the spike. Based from the limited info, it seems something RIGHT was done on the few days that the traffic spiked up. Was there an ad campaign running during those days? Were you able to grab top rankings during that time?

Provide more info, perhaps we could help you out more.

8. paulsimmons

paulsimmons
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I dont see any penalty here its simply the fluctuations, site get to abnormal high point and then falls back to the normal. Can you provide us screenshot for traffic from GA?