Is this a good marketing strategy?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by virt_train, Apr 30, 2013.

1. virt_train

virt_train
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi everyone, just would love to hear some thoughts and advice from you.

One of the services offered with my online business is on virtual assistance and I was thinking of providing a 10 hour free service to clients. Do you think it is worth the investment? Or it is better to just opt instead for a banner advertisement?

2. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

if you are just starting, it would be good strategy however it will consume your time. If you are in that business for a longtime an has gained clients before, maybe you could ask for their feedback/testimonial from them instead. Just my thought :D

3. Csc1990

Csc1990
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't think it's a bad idea. If you're the one doing the work then it'll cost you nothing but time. That being said, time is money. I would offer 8 hours. One average work day.

Free is great. It's a very effective way to get potential clients to try your service. But maybe a discounted service would benefit you more. Off a 50% trial discount first, 8 hours for the price of 4. Of you can't close on the trial that way, go for gold and offer a completely free trial.

That's just my suggestion.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is good way to let your prospective clients test your service and get to know it better. On the other hand, a banner ad is also good and would attract new customers and provide to your exposure service. Unless you have good exposure how do you plan on getting new clients? DO you alternative ways to do that? If not, then you could have a banner a swell offer a free trial so that your customers can get a feel of your service.

5. virt_train

virt_train
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is actually one big step for me to get out of my comfort zone (which is Odesk) and hire a team of VAs to assign to my clients.I want to test the waters how will my business be if Odesk is not around.

I was just thinking that if I give a trial, it means I will have to invest for the manpower which maybe of a higher cost than a banner (no trial). What do you think has the higher probability of getting a client. For now, because of budget constraint, I only have to choose one.

6. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In that case you can go with a banner which is in your budget and see how things work out. You would have to take some risk in any case.

7. amal

amal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are at the begging of your business then this strategy will really work to develop trust in client. Banner advertisement is also important so don't neglect it.

8. AdamMBSmith

AdamMBSmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you choose one and it doesn't work out, how quickly can you flee back to the safety of the other?
    There should always be a Plan B

9. scifi

scifi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Value of service wil falls under the category of "Experience Product" so its really good idea to offer free service as a business promotion tool if you are confident about your service levels.

10. greatcentral

greatcentral
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,

Your idea is great, but it may be a risk for you to have no ROI with your free service of 10 hours. It would be better to get another "catchy" deal for new clients. For example a massive price discount (50%-70%) of the original market price. Or reduce the amount of hours, for example 8.

Using banners is good as well, but only very effective if you have a very large budget in advertisement.

Hope this gives you more information in your analysis.

• Like Like x 1
  11. scottbaird

scottbaird
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No doubt this is a good marketing strategy but there ia also a lot of risk in this strategy. I agree with greatcentral that discount deal is better than free service. It proves more beneficial fo you.

12. virt_train

virt_train
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions. Really appreciate it :).

13. Csc1990

Csc1990
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When it comes down to the risk factor, you should always be willing to take a chance. I've worked in sales organizations before and I learned that no risk usually means no opportunity.

I hired an trained sales people who got paid only commission. I had to sell them on the idea that there was a risk that one week they could make no sales and make no money, but other weeks they would make more than they would working a full month full time at minimum wage. It was a hard to get people to see the opportunity and understand that the system worked, but I had seen it work so it gave me more power in persuasion because I actually believed what I was telling them.

What it came down to was the people who could afford to possibly not have a paycheck their first week stayed and ended up averaging more than they would at a regular job.

So consider the risk. The potential ROI is enormous. But without the risk there is no opportunity to grow.

Good plan. If you can afford to work 8 or 10 hours for free with the possibility of not gaining a client, do it. If you can't afford to give away 8 or 10 hours without gaining a client, wait until you can.

14. williamjames732

williamjames732
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it is a very good strategy!! Free is the word that always attracts customers. Also a better way to marketing your company. First thing in business is how many of peoples know your company or know your product & services. Once they know well your company you get more business in your company!!!

15. brendontayllor

brendontayllor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good strategy !! Keep it up !!

Thanks

16. jeff123

jeff123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

this is good business idea.. But providing 10 hours free service is a way too much...

You should start marketing your business on local classifieds and other websites... there is lot of requirement of virtual assistants...

17. alok897

alok897
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is good strategy to create your trust and brand value on customer they will be feel good by getting your direct attention to their problem and for any business services and trust of the business are very important factor.

18. amwarner

amwarner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You know, it isn't that bad of a strategy ... would you offer 10 hours and have a dead line for them to use it by? Could they use those 10 hours over a span of a long time? Also, i agree with ownedbox, it may be very time consuming. And may prevent you from driving more business to your business. I also agree with greatcentral on the discounted deal. But none-the-less, pretty good strategy.

19. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

If you do use this strategy I'd suggest that you try to ensure that the client pays you something for your services. This will get them into the habit of buying from you and make them your paying client.

For example you could offer clients who purchase 10 hours of service, an additional 10 hours of free service. Another option would be to provide 5 hours completely free, then a voucher that entitles them to their next ten hours at half price.

Good luck with it.

20. Rachel S

Rachel S
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Banner ads should be part of your overall marketing strategy.

Banner advertising is a popular method for companies with an online presence to drive traffic to their websites. It's a good way to target potential customers and bring them directly to your website, for a low initial investment.

How can I get the best results?

As with any form of advertising, how effective your banner marketing is depends on you using the right tactics. To maximise the effectiveness of your banner ad web promotion, you should:

• Create high-quality, professional banner adverts that reinforce your brand image and, crucially, donít mislead or irritate potential customers.

• Make sure your banner adverts attract attention ñ through an eye-catching layout, animation or a special offer, for example.

• Make sure your banner ads are placed well, on relevant websites likely to be visited by people who are interested in what you have to offer. You also want to make sure the websites your adverts appear on have steady, reliable traffic.

• Continually and methodically measure results, and refine your promotion strategy accordingly. For example, you could try split testing ñ trying two or more alternative adverts that differ in one simple way, for example by using different wording or a different image. You can then easily compare their results against each other to see which one performs best.

Banner advertising can be a useful way for small companies to attract visitors to their website. A high-quality banner ad that clearly explains what services you offer and what makes you special is a cost-effective way to interest potential customers.

Some features:
    • Cost control
    • Creating your own banner adverts
    • Targeting a niche audience

You could also arrange to have your adverts on the website of another relevant business (not a direct competitor, of course), in return for hosting one of their adverts on your own website. This is called 'banner exchange', and benefits both of you.

Its all from me. Hope this could help you a lot about knowing something new ;)

Have a great day.

Rachel !!!