Is this a good idea?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by IamAnastasia, Jan 23, 2012.

1. IamAnastasia

IamAnastasia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am wondering if this would work in the US.

My work is launching a new retail store. In a nutshell we are your local copy, scan and print shop. The look of our new facility with resemble a museum.
    Our idea is to get local or national artists to display their artwork on our walls.
    Our spin on this is to sell their original artwork and also the reproductions (digital copies).

I would love to hear what you think of our concept!
    We're already doing this in our facilities in Norway and it's working out great! The hope is to apply the same model here in the US.

What should we keep in mind? This may only work in Europe, maybe the US market/artists are a lot more sensitive about "selling out".

Thank you for your input!!

2. MariaFrolova

MariaFrolova
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Why not to consult with a lawer or other related law consultant to be completely sure?

3. IamAnastasia

IamAnastasia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That will definitely be one of our steps. As of now I am just testing the waters and asking if the concept is interesting enough to pursue. Thank you for your comment.

4. Oquotes

Oquotes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Interesting concept. Unique and it might just work! But yea...check the legal aspect first.

5. rjd1265

rjd1265
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like. Print shops in US are boring and plain..which is funny because they design stuff to make your business stand out! I like the concept!

6. DaveB

DaveB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi IamAnastasia,

I think print / graphic shops are declining a bit in the US due to:

-Global outsourcing
    -Cost effectiveness of home print products
    -Digital online technology

That being said there are still plenty of print businesses going strong and by no means is the industry dead in the country. The art perspective is a unique twist but might be a hard sell as there are lots of art galleries all over most major cities. One huge key will be how the art is displayed / sold (will you have showroom sales people?). Do you have any pictures of your store in Norway? Have you made artist connections in the states yet?

7. Mark.Sanchez

Mark.Sanchez
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think its good to know that you are expanding it out of the country.

8. Host.co.in

Host.co.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would recommend your to organize one or two exhibitions of art Gallerias before directly investing big amount in any country. If you received good response from there then you can start to move ahead.