Is this a good Idea, How could I start It?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by revgenteam, Jul 29, 2012.

1. revgenteam

revgenteam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

I had an Idea for a new business/product that I would like to find out if it would be worthy to pursue.

The idea would be to create a "Coffees From Around The World" club that coffee shops could buy. The coffee shops would pay a monthly fee, and each month they would receive a coffee from a different country. The coffee however, would be just the basis of the product. The real product would be the marketing materials that would be included. It would be everything that the shop would need to promote and sell this new coffee one day a week, as the special for that day.

I'm looking for any help in planning this, or setting it up. Basically any advice you would have on this idea. For all I know it would be a terrible Idea. How would I get this started? What things should I consider. Anything that comes to your mind helps me!

2. jcworlditsme

jcworlditsme
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sounds like an interesting idea, I would start by talking to small coffee shops in your area, I'm sure this could take off if it is marketed correctly.

3. revgenteam

revgenteam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How would I approach these coffee shops? Do I try and sell them, or just simply ask them?

4. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is is like an international coffee shop that you want to start offering at almost every part of the world?

5. revgenteam

revgenteam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No, we would sell the coffee to the coffee shops. As a package though, with all of the materials that they would need to market it.

6. BAFHarvest

BAFHarvest
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you could first put up a coffee shop and see if consumers love the services you offer, then you could probably introduce the original product! if they would love the product, then bear with it. :)

7. StarkSEM

StarkSEM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The only issue I see in it is actually making money from it. The club membership would have to be more than the price of international coffee + marketing materials...

I'd assume the coffee shops could just buy the coffee for cheaper.

But if it did work, I believe it would kick off well.

8. Greg-first

Greg-first
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good idea, but coffee shops already have suppliers and the price of a coffee is not high?

9. danadlington

danadlington
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have some questions about your idea.

Q1. What is the benefit to the coffee shops getting involved with the "coffees from around the world". What makes your idea special? (You will need to sell the idea)

Q2. Why aren't the coffee shops doing it already?

Q3. If you are ordering in coffee from around the world what are the importing costings?

Q4 Will your monthly fee cover your expenses? Will the business costs make the idea too costly to run at a profit?

Q5. How are you going to store the coffee once it arrives? Are you going to require staff? How will you ship the coffee to the Coffee shops?

Q6. Is anyone already doing it and is it profitable? From my experience competition is a good thing, there is money in it!

Q7. How much will the marketing materials cost to create?

Q8 In the local area are there any Franchises like Starbucks for example? Is it worth going to the franchise owners directly to promote "Coffees from around the world" or will your target market be the smaller Mom and Pop Coffee shops?

I hope the above helps. These are some of things that came to mind when I read your Thread.

• Like Like x 1
  10. chixfashionz

chixfashionz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some good questions raised above. The coffee market is very competitive and margins might be tight once you do all the figures and finalise actual selling prices for your product. I would be doing the rounds at coffee shops and putting the proposal forward to shop owners/managers. Have some samples ready of the various products you are intending to sell. Ask for opinions, talk about prices, ordering options and marketing materials etc. As your customers are readily identifiable, you are well placed to get their input even before your venture takes off. You might save a lot of money (and heartache), by talking to them in advance!