Is This A Good Business Idea?

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by stmanx, Jul 21, 2012.

1. stmanx

stmanx
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Guys,

I'm new here, I hope to find some support and good advice for my business idea.

My idea is very simple. I'm going to take two very beautiful girls (18 - 20 yrs old), that will have a sexy dress (but not vulgar), will be moving around the main streets of London's (with more tourists and young boys).

The girls will offer a photo to people, using a Polaroid photo camera (instant printing). The photo with the girl will then be delivered immediately, priced at £ 12.

My goal is 100 photos per day.

What do you think? It's a good idea to you?

I'm accepting criticism and advice... let'd go!

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

That's a pretty unusual idea, haven't heard of one like that before :)

Personally I wouldn't pay £12 for the photo. Why would customers pay, is it so that they can show their friends a picture of themselves with pretty girls?

Welcome to Business Advice Forum, thanks for joining - I'm not suggesting that your idea would not work. Why not give it a go? The set up costs would be minimal and you can only learn from the experience.

3. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you will lose your money and camera at the end of the day if this "business" works. The girls will take your camera and become their own boss. If this "business" not works, you still gotta pay for the girls

4. stmanx

stmanx
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi JClar,

sorry but i don't understand your reply.

Please, explained better... thanks!

5. storeowner

storeowner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There's a reason all the photos at the theme parks are done digitally, and you have to go buy them in the kiosk.....only a very small percentage actually purchase them!

6. StewardHill

StewardHill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the majority of people wouldn't pay for it. At least I wouldn't - which doesn't mean it's a bad idea. 12 quids is a lot for a picture that can end marriages though. Give it a go and let us know, I am actually pretty curious about how that might work...

7. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well you can make use of that camera in a different way... Like say go to historic places or where tourist usually go and offer them if they are willing to take a picture... with or without the pretty girls. But sometimes this scheme will rather flop than be successful because a lot of people nowadays has cameras.

8. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I guess your business idea would fit in a tourist spot in your area - and I think you should also focus your photos not only on the sexy girls but the beauty of the place / tourist spot itself. Nice idea though.

9. Greg-first

Greg-first
    uix_expand uix_collapse

stmanx funny idea, but why not.
    Maybe someone will paid for this. And what about girls, you've found them?

10. Dawey

Dawey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Maybe you can do something for tourists. Otherwise I don't think you will have a great market. Young men won't spend money. Men with money won't care. Families or women won't be a good target.

11. DeniseTaylor

DeniseTaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree, low risk. Why not try it? I would try to add something of more value than just being seen with pretty girls, but what? Hmmm

12. Hurbel2k

Hurbel2k
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you know the owner of a club/bar or other place with mostly male audience (desperate guys, not gay), this could really work out. At the place you already have a high number of prospective customers.

13. Ben Advice

Ben Advice
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is definitely one of the most bizarre 'business' ideas that I've heard, but I'm under the impression that people will buy anything. Are you planning on telling them the story before or after your take the picture?

Is it going to be 'hey, do you want to pay £ 12 for a picture with these beautiful ladies', or will you simply say 'they want to pose for a picture with you' and say 'yep, that'll be £ 12'. I think you might get a few takers, but I don't really think it's a 'business'.

14. harvestllc

harvestllc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think you better have another business, the one you've been doing though you earn while having fun is not totally what we called Business. :)

15. Walter80

Walter80
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try to think who you will catch with that pictures. Maybe youngers or students. I don't think they'll pay 12 pounds for a photo. But with a lower price you may have success! Good luck!

16. hellohot

hellohot
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is the kind of business, let's call it so, which does not require huge capital input so trying will provide an answer, eventually you will be left with a polaroid camera (where can I buy one should I need one)

17. rakeshkalal

rakeshkalal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

People always wonder if this is a good time to start their business idea.

18. Andym

Andym
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very strange business idea! -- But I think it will certainly earn some good amount of money for you. But your presentation must create an impact over the people you will face on the street. You need to be entertaining enough to make people pay you, people only pay for thing that entertain them.