is the salary the most important factor you look for in a job?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by GekiDan, Mar 29, 2012.

?

Yes or no?

Poll closed Sep 25, 2012.
  1. yes

33.3%
  2. no

66.7%
  1. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

is the salary the most important factor you look for in a job?

2. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If that is what you are working for, yes. But most of the time, it only comes next. When you think of your job first, nurture it, you may then get the opportunity to become a potential employee and may get some achievements or more than what is expected of you (which in return, without actually asking for it) will increase your salary. Though it is of course, important to weigh the kind of work you have with your salary, you can be more likely to succeed when you think that way. More like money works for you, rather than you work for the money.

3. Navida

Navida
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on situation, if you are fresh and don't have experience then you may be ready to work on less salary, and after when you have much experience you want enhancement in your salary and firm is also agree to give you more salary. Mean at start your preference is to gain experience and you have to compromise at low salary.

4. stazstaz

stazstaz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Initially, I'd say yes it is, but once you see all that it has to offer you can seek employment elsewhere to further your growth. I've started off with a lot of high paying jobs that I've left for lower paying jobs that offer more fulfillment.

5. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Existing salary is not very important, I am more concern on how much I can earn in future and happy environment. If existing job bring you lot of income, but at the same time you stress, basically you cant stay long for the company. Stress causing a person tiring and get sick, end up all salary become medical fee.

6. gogreenbusiness

gogreenbusiness
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Definetly not... what the use of looking for greener pasture if they will treat you like a horse? The relationship between employees and employers is the most important factor to consider in every job.

7. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Salary is comes second. it will stand after you decide which kind of job you want to do... I mean you want to do some technical job your intrust is in this than i m sure you are not going to look for salary.. Because you know i will learn so much in this.. N future you can earn so much money by salary... So i said salary comes second. Also depend on this things. You can stay for long time any company? or not? So many things are including with this.......

8. kailamilos

kailamilos
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, but not the only factor I consider. It is nice to know that you are well compensated for a job done. But I would also want to work in a friendly and comfortable environment.

9. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

CULTURE - that is what you are talking about. A lot of people do change their job and contribute to their decision on changing career due to lack of culture in their chosen field of industry or company (most probably)

10. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well honestly yes. I do want a job that pays good money. Other things comes after that like Culture, Great Company, Working Environment, etc. Although, it's really hard to find a well compensated job with great working environment.

11. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not only salary but it is the main factor while searching for a job. You must be paid for your work performed and if the company offers incentive pay comparatively more than the past allowing you to include what you enjoy can make positive working environment. It also depends on the opportunities of growth and advancement which you have to understand that what your employees and colleagues expect from the post you applied for.You also have to consider that how much you travel daily to your workplace and what you have to pay for this. Also the work condition and rules you've to follow suits you. It depends on you that you search for a job which allow you to make a notable contribution to the company you are working for, gives you social comfort and personal satisfaction or you want simply a job that pays your living expenses.

12. charm01

charm01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me, honestly YES. But of course salary also ranges from the experience that you had and your qualifications. If you have years of experience, of course you have to expect much higher. :$$::)

13. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I prefer the job which increase my social status, provide me mental satisfaction as well as financial stability.

14. lwonnaco

lwonnaco
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1) Is the work challenging? Will I have to use my previous experience and education to get the job done? Can I do it with one hand tied behind my back? Will part of the job have to be done on my own time for research?
    2) Is the job more than 30 miles away? Will I have to relocate in 90 days? How much will it cost me to commute the distance?
    3) Do I need to start at $11 per hour and at an entry level status to learn the mechanics I'll need up at $25 per hour?
    4) Will I actually use the onsite gym, credit union, etc and get $3 dollars per hour benefit of these?
    5) By calculating 1 through 4 I compare it to the actual salary/per hour wage and decide if the job is for me.

15. daviy

daviy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think salary is not a important factor. Salary should not a factor of finding a job.Anyway job search can be competitive and sometimes frustrating as you try to find a job that is adequate for your level of experience and for your long-term goals. Knowing your criteria for what would like in a job as well as knowing your skills. Which can help you to finding a job in easy way.

16. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, it is the most important but you should also have something to like about the job other than salary. You should do a job which you enjoy to do

17. VnhumR

VnhumR
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Salary is obviously important to ensure life standard, but it's not the most important factor when I choose a job. You can be happy with 50%+ salary when starting the job, but you may face overloaded workload, lack of work-life balance, lack of promotion, etc. I believe that everything has its own price. It depends on your needs and choice.

18. Mackenize

Mackenize
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, basically I work for money so that I can manage my family well. Also the working environment is the big factor for me. Is everything is good and the salary is well. Then don't hesitate to continue my job.

19. addisoncave

addisoncave
    uix_expand uix_collapse

first we prefer job and then salary
    job would be related to our study ..............is priority.

20. KyleTomlin

KyleTomlin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Definitely Yes... The salary is the most important factor when you are looking for a job. You can work on less salary if your are fresher. If you are experienced then salary matter.