Is the customer really king no matter what?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Valentine, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Valentine

Valentine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Am sure we'v had crazy situation when we had to deal with irate or very problematic customers.& well,the customer is king.so wat happens if you receive a punch on the face from a very angry customer.lets be realistic,what would you do?

2. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For me i will just cool down and be fire inside but you still can't show it out that you are not happy with him. If you were to punch him back or fight back to him on the spot i guess you will probably get it from your boss because he will surely go for a complaint or a lawyer letter in you mail box one day? You won't know what will happen if you really throw back a punch on him. yeah?

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'd hope that I'd never have a customer so angry that he or she would punch me. However, if they did that would be the end of my dealings with them, if someone gets physically violent they are not worth dealing with and it is time to move on. Depending on severe the punch was, I'd consider whether or not to contact the police.

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

The reason the customer is "king" is because without customers, a business would not exist. So, although a company must have policies in place to deal with various situations, it may occasionally be beneficial to bend the rules, depending on the complaint that the customer has.
    As you pointed out, sometimes a customer or client may take advantage, or be less than polite about a complaint. When this occurs, you must weigh the financial cost of losing the customer against the "cost" of keeping their business. If your business suffers, or you are unable to give other customers the level of service they have come to expect, as a result of a customer's demands, then you must let them go.
    On the other hand, if you literally "receive a punch on the face", that's another matter. If this is from a customer who has only been to your business once, or rarely visits, I would definitely take legal action. If it is a regular customer, however, and this is an isolated incident, I would give you and the customer a chance to cool down and try to solve their problem afterward.

5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No matter what, punching people is not the right way and it can be considered as crime if it is serious.
    Customer is always right is in term of all the legal activity, illegal and crime is not included.

#5 sigma, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  6. Peter Birganza

Peter Birganza
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    I did not ever face such a situation but if it happens than I would like to break my relation/contact with that customer. I will never take any action because it can put a negative impact on that person who is watching towards me from the other window and considering I am not sincere/good with my customers. I think you will understand my point.

• Like Like x 1
  7. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with you, I will do the same as well.
    I don't think the partnership will last long if the behavious of the customer is bad

8. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Customer is not always rite, but customer it still a customer. I will put a bottom line, as long as no psychical hurt, argument and scolding me is fine.
    If the customer really punch me, I will go report police.

Getting punch by customer is not part of the work requirement, I will not heart myself to get such business deal.

9. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How about if the customer paying you additional 1 million? Just give him to punch you once and you will make 1 million profit

10. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good question, if the single punch can kill my life, I will just give up the deal. If the single punch only make me bleeding and can fully recover, I will take it:D. May be I will approach the customer punch me for 10 more times, so that I could get 10 million in total:D.

Sigma how about you? If you could get the 1 million?

11. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

See, every people have it own "value", it all depends on how much money involved. Some people might not accept this kind of "offer" but when the money raise to 10 millions, 100 millions, billion, then you can see less and less people will say "No". Some people even go for it for 100 dollar.

12. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is real life, we have to accept it. Don't you think, it is good for us to have own value? Above situation is only applicable to customer punch me without any side effect.
    If accepting those money will make my family not happy, girl friend break up me. Then I will not take it, because that money just a bonus to me. Without that bonus, it will not hurt my life, and the money is not belong to me.

By the way, you yet to answer my question. Are you going to accept the 1 million offer?

13. DaveCain

DaveCain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Apart from good rankings and marketing exposure, its the customer that will buy your products - so yes they are!

14. Valentine

Valentine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is quite interesting.i can see a lot of people woudnt mind a punch depending on the profit.so what if you were just an employee and the money isnt coming to you directly?would you accept it for your bosses sake.after all,thats where your pay comes from.lol.

15. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If a customer physically punched me in the face I would try very hard not to start violence but I would probably scream at him/her telling him/her to get out of the store or so.

16. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If the money is not goes to my pocket, my boss should be the one who get punch, not me. As a worker, get punch by customer is not part of the job requirement.