Is targeting long tail keywords worth it?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by James12smith, Jan 13, 2014.

1. James12smith

James12smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am just about to start a " small niche" article site and monetize it with google adsense and Amazon. I have heard that targeting a small niche, say 200 to 300 searches per month and dominating that niche pays of. Is this true?

2. spyshekhar

spyshekhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes long tail keyword is easily rank

3. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Long tail keyword targeting is the best way to start a SEO for a fresh site.

4. spyindiaizhar

spyindiaizhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Long Tail Keywords is best and easy technique from which you can get results in short period of time, and after targeting a long tail keywords you can get ranking easily in a normal keywords also to work for a optimized.

5. GeorgeS2

GeorgeS2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Long tails keyword is worth for SEO at present because short tail keyword is too tough to rank. With the help of long tail keywords you can increase the website traffic.

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I would say that long tail keywords could be easier to rank, but not necessarily easy. In this case, "easy" would be a relative term.

What the replies so far have failed to address is why long tail keywords would be better. GeorgeS2 touched on it when he said that a short tail keyword is too tough to rank, but there is another reason. In your case, especially with a "niche" site, long tail keywords may more closely match the subject of the website. The closer the keyword describes the website, the more likely you are to get searchers who are looking for it, so you will get more visitors. Be careful not to be too specific, because you may reduce the number of possible visitors too much, and may not even get the 200-300 you are looking for.
    I would also be careful with the adsense and Amazon ads. They should be a minor portion of the website - you do not want the ads to obscure the actual purpose of the website.

7. jeremy

jeremy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

General keywords is good to targeting broad searchers, from my past experience long tail keywords have better conversion rate.

8. Nilu

Nilu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

True but awesome content also needed with some links, social shares to rank long tail keywords...

9. marksbury

marksbury
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The longer your keywords the more likely you will rank for them, be sure they are grouped in your landing page a minimum of 5 times and also put them in your images as well.

#9 marksbury, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2014