is squidoo helpful to market a site?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by daytrader, Sep 10, 2012.

1. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've just saw someone in my forum mention about how he market his own site by creating a lens and earn at the same time. But considering the new google's algo, is squidoo helpful til these days to market a site?

2. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, Squidoo is consider as web 2.0 site and gives authentic backlinks. Squidoo lens get PR as well after each Page rank updation.

3. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I've seen mixed comments on other forums. Creating a decent lens is a fair amount of work and I personally believe that there are more productive ways to spend your time.

4. synconlinemedia

synconlinemedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree. Making a living off Squido Lenses seems daunting to me. However we use "lenses" to help promote our client websites (in conjunction with many many other things). There are two ways we do this. One is simply suing a lens for a backlink, the other is using a lens as a squeeze page. When using for backlink purposes we post relevant content, ensure its keyword rich, post a picture, maybe a video, spruce up the page a big with lens features then ensure it links back to our core client website. As a squeeze page we simply ensure the content on the page is relevant and compelling to the reader and includes a data collection feature...name, email, etc. Two totally different objectives here of course.

5. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I never really thought i will be considering of using lenses this time for the mini site that i've had. It already ranked the first locally which is my intent but i want people to see it regularly in some local forums using my signature and the link of the lense i think can just be fine.

6. qasexperian

qasexperian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's a decent opportunity to get your business information out there. However, I would suggest doing the same thing with other social blogging sites, so you have multiple pages talking about your business.

7. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I find posting in Social media sites a tiresome job. I hope my member will have the initiative to do it for me as I am for now concentrating on facebook fan page and twitter.

8. Marius081

Marius081
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You may consider a very important detailed in squidoo stuff...

Everyone in this thread said true and valuable info related Squidoo, but there is one more thing... After creating a lens, you have no guarantee that your lens will be promoted by Squidoo.

To increase your chance to get published and promoted ,your lens have to be reviewed by a "Giant Squid".
    If you'll create and publish lens let us know how worked.

9. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

giant squid - who are they?

10. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

11. Marius081

Marius081
    uix_expand uix_collapse