Is soy bad for you?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by NateAnglin, Oct 23, 2013.

1. NateAnglin

NateAnglin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A lot of people proclaim that soy is good for you but according to some research that is not the case. It can lead to certain diseases that will affect your health in some way. What’s your side on the debated issue about soy foods?

2. renniemart

renniemart
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Strange... i have also heard abt the benefits only.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I would imagine that there isn't any type of food, which doesn't have a report somewhere saying that it is bad for you. It's difficult to know what's good and bad for you any more. I believe in "everything in moderation".

4. LPCOORAY

LPCOORAY
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I heard that many times that a soy is a good source of protein that is why most of re-engineered food for body building are made of soy, but then they are telling to people that SOY has high purines that can cause a high uric acid causing liver problem and just buy their protein powder which is made of soy but purine is already taken into it. Those are only marketing strategy of course so many people will buy their soy powder. Yes it is true that soy is also bad when you eat more serving than what your body requires. Try to balance your food...

5. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Consumption of anything in heavy amount is always harmful. So, this should be kept in mind and known that everything should be done in balanced order.