Is some new off page activity for improve ranking of websites?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by krishnanayak, Nov 5, 2016.

1. krishnanayak

krishnanayak
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Everyone !! Is some new off page activity for improve ranking of websites?

2. Doutgenkroes

Doutgenkroes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hey!
    It's very good question from your side because if you want improve page rank then you need best off page activity. Yes, i know about off page activity.
    1. Bookmarking
    2. Question & answer
    3. Fourm posting
    4. Business lisiting
    5.Guest posting

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nathani

Nathani
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Good offpage SEO techniques
    1) Setting up or joining a social community networks
    2) Create a blog
    3) Establish forums
    4) Link Exchange
    5) Advertising

4. Ourbusinessladder

Ourbusinessladder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media activities, forum and blog commenting, article and ppt submissions are the best ever off page seo work, that helps to create healthy backlinks and traffic juice to the website.

5. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Just about all the above are poor or even bad SEO techniques.

Good onsite SEO will outperform almost all offsite activities. In general, the easier a link is to obtain the lower the value of that link. Which means just about all link building activities and pointless these days.

6. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I'm surprised to see there are still people recommending things like forum and blog commenting and article submission. These were discredited some time ago. I have no idea what Nathani means by "Establish forums", so I don't know how this is supposed to help; SEO. Link Exchange will occasionally happen naturally, but not enough to make a difference. It's still not a good idea to create a bunch of them on your own. Creating a blog is a good idea, but you have to share the blog posts so people know it exists, and can share it themselves.

"Good onsite SEO" is the best place to start, but unless you have a niche site with no or little competition, some kind of offsite activity is going to be necessary, and, at the present time, does include link building. If it's done the right way, it can help quite a bit.

Although many of the techniques mentioned above are no longer recommended, the right techniques, that have been used for years, do still work. Unfortunately, there never has been, and never will be, a "new off page activity" or "magic pill", that will rocket your website to the top of the rankings. Properly executed SEO. both on-page and off-page, is hard work, but the rewards are worth it.

• Like Like x 1
    #6 Joseph.Shivell, Nov 6, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  7. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

A good friend of mine who does SEO full time has never done any link building. All of his work is onsite and he has got some amazing results. I've followed his advice and rank well for some competitive keywords - without doing any link building.

That doesn't mean to say inbound links don't exist, I just haven't created them myself.

This is Ray's course: http://www.freshbananas.co.uk/

8. The View Abu Dhabi

The View Abu Dhabi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you tried profile link building, you can find the high profile websites online with good domain authority and traffic, try registering and create your profile there, it really works.

9. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

It doesn't work. Google even tells you it doesn't work. It's just pointless

10. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Fisicx is right, joining sites and creating profiles just to get links doesn't work, and is an obvious attempt to manipulate the search results. Google has gotten a lot smarter over the years and can detect this sort of thing. On the other hand, if you belong to a professional association related to your business, or a local chamber of commerce, there's a reason to have a profile on these sites other than just for link building, and Google will find, and count, these as part of your link profile.

Joseph.Shivell
    This message by Joseph.Shivell has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Ourbusinessladder

Ourbusinessladder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

if link building is not the main off page seo work, then what would be the off page work rather than social media marketing.

#11 Ourbusinessladder, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2016
  12. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Build relationships, provide good advice and help, become known as an expert in your field and the links will come slowly over time.

Google doesn't want you to build links, Google wants you to spend money on advertising. But there are still good links out there, they are just much harder to get. The whole SEO world has changed in the last two years, Google has got a lot smarter and just about any off-site technique that used to work no longer does.

One chap I know spent a year nurturing a relationship with a target site in order to get the link he wanted. Another person spent £5000 buying the link he wanted.

13. Mikedave

Mikedave
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Question & Answer and do follow guest posting works better now a days. Thank you for your suggestion.

14. Ourbusinessladder

Ourbusinessladder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I greatly agree with you, I understand building a relationship is more important than building links. The links through good relationship would be effective but it may take some time to built it.

15. alastairbrian

alastairbrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are looking to get some good ranks, try to get links from high authority sites. As per my experience, don't submit a link of your sites of below 40 Domain authority.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

The DA score is valueless. Getting a link from a site with a high DA means nothing and may still trigger a flag in the Googleplex.

17. The View Abu Dhabi

The View Abu Dhabi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Totally disagree with you, i tried and experimented this, it is indeed a good way to build high profile links. You cant survive just to associate with social media links.

18. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

No it's not. Google ignores these links. In any case, most of them are no-follow.
    And all these links are no-follow making them valueless for SEO

19. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One of the better on page techniques is to do guest posting but you need to keep couple things in mind when you do guest posting.

1. Always use original high quality content. Never use duplicate content.
    2. Always post on high quality well established blogs which are related to your niche.

20. The View Abu Dhabi

The View Abu Dhabi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Everyone has their own tactics and techniques to do SEO, mine is this and i m successful.

• Like Like x 1