is seo useful for small businesses?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by justinmartin, May 26, 2015.

1. hrishivardhan

hrishivardhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

While you are doing SEO, it will always take time to get results.
    Applying SEO activities, you can also promote your business through social media platforms.
    You can do business listing for your business services.
    You can advertise your business or you can do PPC for faster results

2. Jagdish Technocast

Jagdish Technocast
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hii..

Now a all of the small businesses targeting online marketing and build onlie reputation for business promotion because they are using SEO techniques and get hug of benefits such as

• Create a better and more user friendly website
    • Find new customers and assist growth
    • Explore new markets
    • Achieve better conversion rates
    • Bypass competition
    • Open your business 24×7
    • SEO is good for social media
    I hope this important for you

3. Magento_oCodewire

Magento_oCodewire
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No doubt!! SEO is useful for all type of business like small to large business.
    For a small business, SEO is also important to increase sales, traffic and backlinks for their business enhancement and growth.
    It is not only required for large business, it is also important for small business as well.

4. cheta

cheta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO is also perfect for big businesses too infact it is independent of any type and size of business. all the owner must do is to learn how to do the on-page and off-page SEO optimization r hire SEO Experts to carry out SEO services on your business to drive in traffic visitors. Also note that SEO is a slow process as it will take long time before it displays its effect on the website later in terms of getting higher rankings and many others..

5. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

No it's not. You can get content ranking within a few hours of creation. I agree some campaign can take a while but it's not difficult to get local or niche content ranking well quite quickly

6. Barycarton

Barycarton
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As my concern yes. Though your business isn't big but you can promote it using SEO. I have seen many of them using SEO for promoting their products or brand.

7. Jennifer Martin

Jennifer Martin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO is helpful for each and every size and type of organization may it be large or small. Yes, without any doubt SEO takes time to improve the website visibility and to increase the traffic of the website.

Firstly you need to optimize the website i.e. you need to do On Page Optimization of the website. In On Page you need to optimize the Meta Tag, H1 tag, Description, Alt Tag, improving keyword density, etc.

After on Page you have to focus on Off page optimization, build quality backlinks get the combination of both Dofollow & Nofollow links.

8. sweetsdailyupdates

sweetsdailyupdates
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The role of Search engine Optimization is to increase branding and popularity of your business. By doing Search engine Optimization, you can aware the users about your products & services on different search engine.

If you have chosen perfect keywords so you will definetly get ranking and leads as well.

9. Barycarton

Barycarton
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, perfect keywords will help him for ranking his website. Also increase much more visitors. And if visitors increase then sells will come easily.

10. arjupraja10

arjupraja10
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO is useful for both small plus big businesses, simply go and pick some big website's and analyze them you will definitely see SEO tactic were used in those website's

11. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

I disagree. SEO has become less important for many due to the increasing use of alternate marketing channels.

And where did you get the 40% figure from?

12. Furqan Arshad

Furqan Arshad
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Everything is now moving and upgrading to latest technologies. I believe SEO is must for every business no matter the size of a business. If you are going digital, then SEO is a must have part of your marketing strategy.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

The post you responded to has been removed due to a violation of the forum rules. The 40% figure comes from a blog entry for a marketing firm, and I do not know where they got it from. It could be just hype to get people to purchase their services. On the other hand, people are still using Google to find what they need. I myself have used Google to find things quite a few times, sometimes for information, sometimes to find something I need to buy

Given the "alternate marketing channels" mentioned by fisicx above, and the "upgrading to (the) latest technologies" you mentioned yourself, how does that affect the usefulness of SEO? Is SEO still a "must have part of ..marketing strategy", and, if so, why? Your post gives no explanation for your statements, and it needs one, to tie the statements you made together.

14. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are on first page of google for your targeted keywords, you should get great exposure. In order to be on first page of google you should do some SEO, in short YES SEO is useful and also important.

15. mark-taylor

mark-taylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think quality SEO techniques can give you proper results in no time. Like content marketing can take your website to the top in no time. It's just about getting the right techniques to work on.

16. Alan Ron

Alan Ron
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO is the process to increase ranking on getting the leads and if you are following the rules of the SEO algorithm then strength of business will not matter.

17. infinityweb

infinityweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO is definitely a must for a starting or small business. this would promote your business for higher traffic. SEO marketing is the key!

18. Kimberly Stannis

Kimberly Stannis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO is a marathon these days, not a sprint, so unfortunately there's no "magic bullet" or easy way to get results fast. And if someone does say they can get quick results, they're probably using a shady method of marketing that could risk getting you blacklisted.

Doing SEO yourself is possible, a lot of people mention social media as starting place, but it's also easier said than done since there is so much competition out there. I do web design, did SEO years ago, but I have a partner company that takes care of that now. If you ever want an honest SEO firm to help you out, you can check out Search Advisor, it doesn't cost anything unless they get you listed for the keywords you want.

19. demonwebz

demonwebz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

SEO is necessary for any site. Small businesses might not have much budget to do do advanced SEO but it doesn't mean that they should not do it. Focus on producing unique content first, hire some content writers and build content which is really helpful in your niche & start promoting it.

20. abhikmehra

abhikmehra
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are a newbie and want to have the immediate result then I'll suggest to go with paid marketing which involve PPC and paid social media campaign