Is Reciprocal Link Beneficial?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by markwillson400, Jun 22, 2013.

1. markwillson400

markwillson400
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Guys,

I am mark & come back in community after one month..So I want to ask one question to experts or webmasters about Reciprocal Link Exchange...Anyone tell me Is Link Exchange Live or Not?? because I Have listen a lot from mine SEO friends they always says me Link Exchange is now dead!! Is it right webmasters?? Can you guys explain me if we get links from good authority websites will it beneficial for my website or not?? Help me out in this situation!!

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You have two issues here. Yes, it is true that quality links from good authority websites will be beneficial. However, link exchanges, where you get a link from someone because you gave them one, are not. All of your links should be one-way links from quality websites.

3. webtriangle

webtriangle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes link exchange is not beneficial at this time but if you have good high pr link then it will be beneficial .Now one way link is beneficial.

4. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Link exchange does not improve your PR but may tell search engines about the niche you're covering. They are not good or bad but they do not bring visible results.

Here are a few things we will all have to consider:
    - Google will start penalizing sites that have only good quality links pointing back to them, as they consider this being "unnatural"
    - Google will start considering the NoDoFollow links - they said that since somebody spent time creating those links (even if there were no visible benefits), it means that it is very likely that the link points to good quality information
    - If you exchange links, do it with sites that have a good overall reputation and are in the same niche as you are. As I said, it won't help you much but it will make your link building look natural.

5. dalevarman

dalevarman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Links are the single most important and effective means to help your website rank highly in search engines and highly credible website. But link exchanges have become the focus for many novice search engine optimizers and website owners who just don’t know how much they don’t know, So currently link exchange is dead.

6. abhi_garg

abhi_garg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

They are right.. Link exchange and other junk link building techniques like directory, article submission, social bookmarking .. spamming in forums.. blogs because worst thing in SEO world

Sometime spammer get ranked higher than real and good websites but it is for short time.. It doesn't mean you should follow them..

If you need links, You should build a great website, put awesome content on it and let's poeple share it and give refences to your pages.. that's a natural linking.. but before this you have to increase the visibility and if the problem is "links" than try Guest Blogging...

7. jayanta01

jayanta01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Reciprocal link exchange is mainly effective in two aspects, in link building and in traffic building. But you shuld do link exchange with relevant and quality sites only.

8. maxwebinc

maxwebinc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends on the intention to make link exchange. There are numerous websites that do link exchange not because of link building or link juice. Most of the time it is for the purpose of relationship, sharing information, and everything that has something to do with building such networks. In that way, it would be very beneficial because you are not only transferring a link value, but you are also driving traffic to that site that could somehow provide better information.

On the contrary, there is this type of manipulative link exchange to manipulate rankings. It is not a good practice and you might get penalized by Google.

9. aaron70

aaron70
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Reciprocal links exchange is one of the traditional way of link exchange. It was declared by many prominent sources that 2 way link exchange can harm your SEO performance. Therefore 3 way link exchange came into existence. I recommend to do 3 way link exchange instead of 2 way which might cause harm to your website.

10. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I would not recommend any kind of link exchange, no matter how many you use. No matter what kind of "games" you try to play, eventually Google will catch up to you. It's best to use only one-way links.

11. saahil

saahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As long as reciprocal links are no follow, else google may consider it as artificial link building between 2 domains and may nullify the link
    There has been concept of link wheel also - which is also banned by google for blocking artificial page rank

12. platnumcn

platnumcn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I also believe in he fact that you should not try to play mind games with Google, as there are a lot of geniuses already there, who can play one up on us. Its better to play it safe, as if you are banned by the Search Engine Giant from their listing, you might not receive any kind of result at all for a long period of time.

13. scottbaird

scottbaird
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, it is totally true, link exchange is totally dead. But you can use one way link building procedure to get quality backlinks. Backlinks should be from high PR sites and with good domain authority. There are various link building practices in SEO where you can get quality backlinks like Social bookmarking, directory submissions, classifieds, blog commenting and many more.

14. spyindia12

spyindia12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Reciprocal link important and effective your rank in search engines. Reciprocal links can also help to augment traffic to your web site in two ways. A reciprocal link is an conformity between two webmasters to give a hyperlink within their own website to each other's web site.

15. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Actually, no, they are not. A link is considered to be a vote or endorsement of your site. A reciprocal link is given to you because you gave one to someone else, therefore, it cannot be considered a true endorsement. Google knows this, and so they will not help your rankings.

Although you may get traffic from a reciprocal link, and the other website may get traffic from yours, the amount you each get will depend on the popularity of the two websites. If either or both of the two websites do not get much traffic, having the link will not bring much traffic, and can hurt your rankings.