Is our business name OKAY? or is it time to ReBrand?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by LindseyInteract, Jun 11, 2015.

1. LindseyInteract

LindseyInteract
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

We are an Internet Marketing company and we focus on providing internet marketing services (SEO, Social Media, Web Design, etc) to our business clients and entrepreneurs. Currently our company name is "Lindsey Interactive", while this name deals directly with what we do, we wanted to get the opinion of others and see what they think. Does our company name directly reflect what we do? Should we change it to be something more "one word" something not so PERSONAL as my last name (The Owner) is Shawn Lindsey.

Please let me know your thought process and what your opinions are.

2. tsubibo

tsubibo
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I would change it into something hip. Lindsey Interactive does not actually create a techy kind of feel.

3. M.Ehrmantraut

M.Ehrmantraut
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would consider changing it into something with more oomph to it, if you wanted to keep it related to yourself maybe go with "S_LInteractive" - not sure what your middle initial is, but you get my drift.

4. Sotaru

Sotaru
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When I think "Interactive" i think of people that create tech products or video games. If you don't want to change much, at least change that bit to something more fitting to the business model.

5. Problem Solver

Problem Solver
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my opinion, no. The name "Lindsey Interactive" to me suggests that you are a tech based company which you are on a fundamental level, just all of your competitors. However, in terms of branding on a personal corporate level it should represents what you stand for. It's what separates you from everyone else. Start at the end and work backwards. More than the tangible benefit that your offering provides, consider what you want people to associate your business with. Then work on the design elements graphics, colors, etc.

6. B2025

B2025
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Lindsey Interactive is fine -- it could be more "hip" or "cool" -- but so much is branding.
    Maybe in your logos and materials, you stress "Lindsey" and the word interactive is subordinate to it.
    It gives you the one word feel.

The question is how much you've put in to branding already.
    I would think that if you're invested, it's not worth making the change -- but if you haven't you may want to consider something a little more trendy or memorable.

7. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I don't see a problem with the name. As mentioned above, it is how you brand it that counts.

8. david14beck

david14beck
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah you should change your company name. it doesn't look like online marketing company. try last name like informatics , ltd or something else that looks like a real company.