Is online shopping really secure?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by eelizasanchez121, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eelizasanchez121

eelizasanchez121
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well it depend on so many things like which website you are using, the bank security provided in your card. And so many other facts also depend personally I never get any problem in online shopping.

2. jackjohan7299

jackjohan7299
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends upon the method which you are using for online shopping.I prefer PayPal for online shopping.

3. Nicolemarx

Nicolemarx
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Online shopping is really secure if websites secure with SSL Certificates.

4. jimarmstrong

jimarmstrong
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes! It is secure because each and every online shopper are using SSL certificates security which protects users sensitive details such as Credit Card, PayPal, and Bank Wire. SSL certificate protects sensitive details while transferring it web browsers to web servers. Having SSL certificate, it can be secure online shopping environment with all kind of trust signals like Green Address Bar, Traditional Padlock, and Dynamic Trust Mark.

5. jiashia

jiashia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yeah, using some payment provider like paypal ballance is much more secure than real CC card

6. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Online shopping may not be very secure but it is made secure by various things like SSL certificates. If the shopping website uses it then it can be considered as secure. Usually most of the website do use it. But you should be aware of those who don't.

Another thing is if the website is PCI compliant. If it accepts credit/debit card then that is essential to ensure you private data is in safe hands.

7. BenjaminCip

BenjaminCip
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To make sure a shop is secure, you MUST SEE a HTTPS in the search address, or something similar to that : View attachment 1612

Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) is a widely used communications protocol for secure communication over a computer network, with especially wide deployment on the Internet. Technically, it is not a protocol in and of itself; rather, it is the result of simply layering the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) on top of the SSL/TLS protocol, thus adding the security capabilities of SSL/TLS to standard HTTP communications.

I think Bank use https and some online shopping as well. If the shop don't show a little padlock, it means it isn't secure and all you have to do is to make sure it's not a scam site by looking for reviews about the shop.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AJKpeter

AJKpeter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nowadays encrypted protocols are safe enough for payment transactions, you don't have to be afraid, of course if e-shop is using secured protocol

9. altcom

altcom
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My principle to make online transaction:

1. Only use desktop, because I trust desktop security compare to mobile apps
    2. Only process transaction with popular website, I use page rank and Alexa traffic a guide.
    3. Only process payment with popular gateway e.g. paypal
    4. After billing, monitor my bank record.

10. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I personally prefer sites which offer cash on delivery on products in this ways the chance of any kind of fraud or something like that can be avoided.

11. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That is a big plus. If you can shop online without paying anything unless you receive the goods is the best way to ensure you are not scammed and your details are safe.

12. amal

amal
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes online shopping now a days completely safe. Amazon , ebay are great stores where you can buy or sell things.

13. jeniffer

jeniffer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

much safer now a days.

14. alok897

alok897
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Now online shopping is much more secure at now a day and it depend mostly which website and medium you are using for shopping and transition of payment. Always check https in website url to make sure your online payment transfer is secure.

15. Ruby On Rails

Ruby On Rails
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Checking Statements
    Inoculating PC
    Look for the Lock : Never ever buy anything online using your credit card from a site that doesn't have SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption installed—at the very least. You'll know if the site has SSL because the URL for the site will start with HTTPS (instead of just HTTP)
    Avoiding Public Terminals

If anyone want to shop using Mobile apps, do not hesitate to get the detail information in securitywatch pcmag

Rails Developer

16. alicemenezes

alicemenezes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is. With all the modern technology there is, online shopping is pretty secure today

17. jeff123

jeff123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Even i never faced any issues in online shopping... all the websites i used were very secured and had fine payment systems...

18. spychandan28

spychandan28
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes, online shoping is secure. but you can use only trusted site and fill detail very carefully.

19. JenniferLawrence

JenniferLawrence
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Tips for Safe Online Shopping

1. Shop From a Secure PC
    2. Shop Smart, and Only at Sites You Know & Trust
    3. Shop with Your Credit Card
    4. Consider Alternative Payment Methods

20. shnoop

shnoop
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I never found any problem in online shopping as I use to do most of my shopping online. I just keep in mind to take the product from a reputed e commerce portal as the one used very often will be secure and I also prefer do it from my PC at home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.