Is mobile marketing advisable in any online business?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by swift, May 21, 2013.

1. swift

swift
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is claimed that SMS has a 90-95% open rate.
    That is 10 times higher than email.

2. jeff123

jeff123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

People have become technosavy these days... Mobile is widely used and can be used for different purposes like money transactions, recharge, online shopping, etc....

Generally people might ignore the promotion emails but sms they would definitely read... If used properly, it can help get lot of clients...

3. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes. Absolutely! Mobile commerce is growing rapidly. Many people use their mobile only to visit websites and social media sites. According to a survey, over 20% customers use mobile device to visit a retailers website and m-commerce sales will account for 15% of total eCommerce sales in 2013. This is reason enough for one to consider advertising on mobile.

4. Andym

Andym
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Mobile shopping or M-commerce is the new trend now! Japan has the highest usage of m-commerce
    M-commerce is the main reason companies are coming up with mobile apps. Easy availability of your product or company is the main target now.

5. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with everyone here mobile is one thing which in today's world every one carries so the reach by marketing to mobile is very benificial.

6. williamjames732

williamjames732
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes!! Mobile marketing is a good way to promote any business and now widely use as well. One of the best advantage of mobile marketing is you can directly connect with clients or customers.

7. watshelly

watshelly
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeath, people's life of way is changing, so the marketing way should change. Mobile marketing is a necessary part for online businesses.

8. Bagchi

Bagchi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Mobile marketing is one the most important tactics of digital marketing because it is always available within arm length of the people. It is very personal and is in on position every minute. As compared to desktop computers it is quite handy and easy to use. Even while taking a nap, you can access the internet and any kind of communication is possible through your mobile phone. It is handy, yes, amazingly handy and accessed without any hassle. Proximity marketing is one tool, we can exploit it through mobile marketing and it certainly will have a huge impact on on your business.

9. OlegLola

OlegLola
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Whatever kind of mobile marketing you choose, you should be aware of common mistakes which can spoil your campaign. Here is the list:

- Reaching mobile users without a mobile-friendly website.

- QR code misplacement

- Annoyingly ugly and pointless ads

- Staking on traditional marketing

-Allowing showrooming

-Forgetting that retaining is harder than attaining

The details 6 Major Faults Made In Mobile Marketing

10. ndirect

ndirect
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Definitely! People practically live on their mobiles nowadays so using promotional codes and QR codes can really help you reap rewards!

11. csys

csys
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How come the post created in May 2013, and its answered in Oct 2010.

Moderator please check this.

12. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It wasn't answered in Oct 2010. However, one of the members that replied to it, joined this forum in Oct 2010, perhaps that's what you were looking at?

13. Halwits

Halwits
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nowadays mobile marketing becomes important for targeting the audience because technology is increasing day by day and lots of people switching from computers/laptops to mobiles. These are handy and can do almost all the work that a desktop can do.

14. marrick

marrick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One good thought is that if you are about to engage something in a different environment, you should try all possible ways to leverage what that field has to offer. In your question,

Mobile marketing has been one of the hottest trends in online marketing. Remember, if you are going to compete online, you should have a site. And if you make a site, you should make it accessible for people from any possible device. LIKE MOBILE. It's not that you are going to sell products through mobile. It about allowing users who use mobile device to access your site and see your product.

15. zafarkhan

zafarkhan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not All business require to have mobile marketing. For some business giving discount and opening new store requires it more for mass information spreading.

16. Bagchi

Bagchi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would like to share one interesting fact here. email marketing is the only digital marketing tactic that has maximum lead generation capacity, if used wisely and appropriately.

17. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Personally, I delete any email I receive that is not from a recognized source, or from a website I did not visit myself. Several of the "advertising" type of emails go directly to my spam folder. I would be interested to know what you would consider "used wisely and appropriately".

18. Bagchi

Bagchi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The best part is that this device is always at arm's length. With a very high open rate we should not forget that it has also a very high delete rate. This is again a permission based marketing tactic. So the question is how to decrease this delete rate and increase interaction rate. Understanding these two question might be very fruitful. I suppose that we must take care as of whom the sms is being sent and at what time we are sending. SMS sending time and days will be different for each sms topic. business related sms shall not be good at weekends. We need to research and study as how our target customers live their life and also about their culture. It will help us to understand the moods and various timings.

19. Bagchi

Bagchi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Joeroxx! I will try to explain as what i meant with "used wisely and appropriately". It should be used wisely by selecting right email ids for sending mails. If you are sending mails to muslim crowd and the majority is of male clients, you can use muslim female name in your id. You need to select good number of names and send bulk mails in separate lots with those separate email ids. It will help you not getting spammed. Also, you can't write subjects lines with "discount" and "lesser fees" for mails talking about institutions as price is not the major factor in decision making. You need to select words wisely.
    You should also make your mail appropriate. It is permission based and thus writing unsubscribe on top of the mail is good option. Use less images. images should not be more than 30% of the whole content. HTML shall be best. Don't write too many things in a mail. it should be provocative and not imformative. for information, viewers can come to your site by visiting the link. I have seen people writing mails like, congratulation! we are offering you iphone in 10 dollar and then "terms and conditions". viewers are not fool now. say,"hey we have launched a campaign that may let you get an iPhone in unimaginable price. It can be as less as 10 dollar." Plz, check this link for more details.
    Also, we need to understand as on monday people are busy and won't have time to open your mail. send it between tuesday to thusday. You can send it after lunch time as then they are relaxed and have time to read mails. Also, by checking their engagement with your mail you can send a next mail after few days (not after so many days, as the viewer should not forget your earlier mail) that will give continuity to your earlier mail. Also, you can talk like .... are the people who won iPhones in 10 dollar in last week's campaigns. Thanks for interacting with my earlier mail.
    hey I can't write everything here.... hope I explained what I meant!

#19 Bagchi, Nov 20, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  20. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I've got a few comments on what you've written, some good, some not:

This bothers me. If you have a legitimate offer, you should not have to use a fake name just to get someone to read your email.

Here you make a good point. Some email providers use filters that search for certain words, and either re-direct the email to a spam folder or delete it.

Another good tip, although it doesn't have to be on top. Commercial emails should always have an "unsubscribe" option.

Obviously, this is a sales pitch. If this was sent to me, I wouldn't even open it, so it doesn't matter what the email says, it goes right into the trash.

Using an auto-responder would help with this. You could schedule the emails to go out at regular intervals, i.e, 7 days. Unfortunately, some email providers automatically delete emails from auto-responders, so as an alternative you can use a spreadsheet to keep track.