Is Learning Web Design Worth It?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by TheGrandAdmiral, Sep 24, 2014.

1. TheGrandAdmiral

TheGrandAdmiral
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is learning Web design and languages like HTML and CSS even worth the time these days for the average webmaster? Most people are probably going to use templates that will only require basic knowledge to modify. Would you say that it is worth learning these languages if you are just going to use templates?

2. Michael Leng

Michael Leng
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my opinion, I think it's worth to learn web Design. Even nowadays, we have many ready use website/blog template. Anyway, we sometimes adjust them as per our desire.

It's like a house, when we already built it. We have to paint or furnish them for more good looking.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fd1

fd1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Totally agree Admiral its become a universal language like English, coding is crucial to the success of your business. Try utilizing Google Chrome and inspecting elements on webpages by right clicking you'll be amazed how fast you can pick things up.

4. methewcostner

methewcostner
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Friende!
    Learning a new thing is always a Worth. Knowledge is the power. If you would have the strong knowledge of Coding then it is going to benefit in every way.

5. australianlogos

australianlogos
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If designing or art work is your passion then yes web design or logo design is a good career choice for you!

6. utpalakash

utpalakash
    uix_expand uix_collapse

learning a new thing is always a Worth. Knowledge is the power. If you would have the strong knowledge of Coding then it is going to benefit in every way.

7. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Exactly, great example! :)

8. tunescool

tunescool
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i just learned basic stuff from being a code freak with my first forum, always adding codes. you just learn some stuff. any webmaster can easily pick stuff up and have enough knowledge to own sites. i wouldnt take the time to go out and make a point of it to learn anything

9. ecommercewp

ecommercewp
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Friend! Try utilizing Google Chrome and inspecting elements on webpages by right clicking you'll be amazed how fast you can pick things up.

10. Istimah

Istimah
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is a question revolving around my mind too buddy. Anyways I kept my confusions aside and started learning .php. I know it's really tough and gonna take time to learn but I wanna give it a try. Let's see what happens. Good luck to you and to myself as well ;)

11. kaufenpreis

kaufenpreis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you want to make money on the internet you really need to have a solid grasp of HTML, CSS, and Javascript. You should also have at least a cursory knowledge of PHP and MySQL.

You don't just need to know it so you can perform simple tasks on your own without relying on other people, but to be able to inspect the work other people do for you. It really helps when you think of something that you'd like to try that you can just go and try it instead of having to spend money or wait on another person.

You don't need to be an expert but you need knowing enough to get what you want is really the best way to go.

12. webdesignphx

webdesignphx
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes! I believe its worth it! I have created so many businesses from my web design skills. And HTML is the key to learning any other languages. I think its a good idea to learn the basics at minimum.

13. singhabhishek251

singhabhishek251
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes, there are a lot of opportunity for web designers and you can make some good money with this without working as well by getting some part time job for you.

14. andrewc

andrewc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Web Design is a great gig! I just got a full time web development job, and I'm loving it!

15. abhi_garg

abhi_garg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nowadays you can hire someone to design your website and convert it to html for pretty cheap. Do you think it's worth it to learn css and html or should I just cover the basics so I understand how it works?

16. Taboo

Taboo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Using the right type of web site hosting service is so serious to your success.

17. Rob Schneider

Rob Schneider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes , it is totally worth it .
    I would just say that even for someone to work on a template they need to know the basics too.

18. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Web Designing would surely not be a bad choice as your career and learning it would definitely be helpful but you should also do lots of practice and do practical work to be good in web designing because as they say PRACTICE MAKES A MAN PERFECT.

19. Rakesh Yadav

Rakesh Yadav
    uix_expand uix_collapse

HTML and CSS are easy to learn and you might end up doing the small modifications in design all by yourself if you use templates also, but these are easy to learn alone, if you want to edit a template then you will find lots of jargon and code you don't understand. So, html and css can only be used by a novice is your theme has a section in admin panel to add custom CSS. You don't need to modify code this way and use your knowledge.