is it worth?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by daytrader, Jan 28, 2012.

1. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

been trying to write for someone but it seem this particular site i have didn't rank at all, it actually get more traffic but not ranking on SE. I get the chance to put my link on the articles from time to time though. is it worth to continue writing articles for them?
    kinda guest posting but regularly doing it.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Writing on that blog could provide a stepping stone to writing on a more high profile site or perhaps even getting some paid writing work. Writing guest posts on a blog has a lot of benefits including;

• Improving your writing skills and experience
    • Building your profile in a certain niche or area of interest
    • Building back links to your own site.

Are these benefits that you are looking for?

3. Mark.Sanchez

Mark.Sanchez
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Search engines also favor the guest blogging as you get the links from different trusted domains.

4. Host.co.in

Host.co.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You said that website didn't rank at all, how much deep you checked it in search results? and are you using and linking the keywords you want to target. Also check the URLs of article, either they get crawled or not, if they are getting crawled then they should be somewhere in the searches and if they are not getting crawled the bookmark those at some social bookmarking directories.

5. patrick0001

patrick0001
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Writing guest posts is time consuming compare to blog comment, directory submission and forum signature link. It is worth to write, as article site is rich of keywords, in most situation they are more effective in targeting long tail keywords.

6. Ashravin

Ashravin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social Bookmarking is the most effective way to get higher ranks in search engines..!!

7. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I write articles for this partner and the benefit I'm looking for from his site is to also get my site rankhigher. And since I seem not getting much response from what I've been doing, I might just stop writing articles for him.

8. katherine

katherine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    If you are doing only article stuff then change your strategy. There are various methods to get ranked in the top of SERP ranking. Try other SEO processes for good results.

9. band

band
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I hardly write article for others, if I have a time to write articles, because those site is not belong to me. I prefer create a new site and park all my articles there, by doing this I have full control for cross linking.

10. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

if you think the "benefit" from your partner is insufficient, then you can consider to quit it to save your time and looking for other way.

11. lray

lray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

the new google algorithm is a big fan of new content, so i'd say continuing to write for them certainly wont hurt

12. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well if you are looking for a long term then it's worth a try. But if you really want to have reputation and benefit in Guest Posting then maybe a more reputable website will help.

Agreed with you Fergal. You can also add the reputation you can get in Guest Posting. I know Google has a new way to know if you are the author of the article at http://www.google.com/insidesearch/authorship.html and http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1408986 :)

• Like Like x 1