Is it possible to get the same keyword ranking in google places and in organic?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by apexis, Jul 30, 2012.

1. apexis

apexis
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello members,
    I have many keywords and some are showing in Google Places and but in organic. So, is it possible to get the same keyword ranking in google places and in organic or not. Google showing only one ranking whether in Places or in Organic.

If you have some proof, please show me. Thanks

2. StarkSEM

StarkSEM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Short answer, Yes.

Google Places will always be easier to rank for than an organic search. There's coding you can use to help pinpoint where you are. For example let's say your keyword is IP Camera. Let's just say about 55,000,000 other websites also have websites about IP Cameras.

Using the meta tag for location (i.e. < META NAME="GEO.REGION" CONTENT"US" > ) would tag your site to be in the United States. Now let's say that narrows it down to 35,000,000 sites.

Getting more specific now, and using the next tier geo tag (i.e. < META NAME="GEO.PLACENAME" CONTENT"New York City, New York" > ) would specify your location MUCH more. Now they'd be only 3,500,000 sites selling IP Cameras in New York. Get it? You can even make it one step closer by using GEO.POSITION and using longitude and latitude lines.

Now the search engines takes a saved location and helps you search for it better. For example, how helpful would it be if you search "Burger Joints" and it didn't come up with results for your area? Search engines make use of this and provide results based on location. If they know your site is based in your area, or you are using GEO tags, you, and everyone else in that area, would be picking up your site first.

In my example, you just aren't anywhere close to competing in the organic results.

Example? Google Red Lobster. You'll get Google Places for the Red Lobster nearest you... AND their organic search result.

Hope this helped?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, that is possible. Here is a good read from Google about geo-targeting -- http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=62399

4. jamesstanley

jamesstanley
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the info, i was also looking for same info.

5. StarkSEM

StarkSEM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not a problem. Mark T also provided an excellent resource for review.

Currently skimming over it now.

6. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you guys also read the beginner's guide from SEOmoz for SEO's? They have updated it and it is still a good read :)

7. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, this is possible to same ranking at Google places and in Search Rank..because these are two different things by Google.

8. borgninestallone

borgninestallone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have added my site under Google places, but it is not yet active. How long will it take to show my listing under Google map. I also, verified the listing.

9. nashir

nashir
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm trying with this code and hope get result.