Is it possible to get a investor to invest in a start up business without . . . ?

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by V Maynard, Mar 4, 2011.

1. V Maynard

V Maynard
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Is it possible to get a investor to invest in a start up business without having to put any money into it yourself?

It seems crazy to ask, but I just can't help but think of facebook. This guy Mark Zuckerberg managed to get an investment of $200,000 to buy the domain name facebook.com, because at first it was called thefacebook.com. And now I'm thinking if he can do it, so can I. I don't need that much money, but GOD if I just had $10,000 it would be a wrap! I have no job and I'm tired of looking for one. I hate filling out these stupid ass online applications for no reason. It's funny too because 3 years ago I had the perfect job and had about $7000 saved up. I quit the job to go back to college, but end up dropping out. The job is no longer hiring and now it's years later and needless to say I don't have the money any more and I'm too embarassed to say where it all went. But in my defense, if I hadn't quit the job I would've never came with up my business idea, so it kind of eases the pain when I look at it like that. But enough rant, is it possible? If so, where do I find him?

2. singam

singam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

dude do u will invest on anyone who cannot bring you benefits in return? if you think yes, u need real life experience more. if u think "no they won't invest if u cannot bring them value", then u are correct. u read the facebook effect or watch the social networking site i dont know. since i dont know the real information about the suckerberg guy i cannot say anything about the domain name.

but one thing, do u remember people around him like his vision for facebook company and another thing he get the investor when the company already start and driving alot of traffic in fast pace.

u saying u have good idea. having a idea without a business plan is useless even it can bring u billions of dollars.

what u need to do now is learn fast how to write business plan, u can find it in internet or download any DVD product teach u that clearly.

next remember u need to start small but think big. (if u can prove u have great potential to bring alot of money back to your website or company, investors will come to u or u can go to them, they will be happy to invest on your company or website)

find people to work for you, do u have money to hire your employees? first u need to start small so u need assistant to do your work, next when u make some money u find some employees, then u can take advance step to grow your company by finding investors, once u get the money from investors u can hire the people u need to fulfill your dream. there will be alot of steps before and after this procedure. keep in mind.

let say even to start small u need 10 000USD just to start up, can u convince investors to invest on u? do u already learn about that? first of all do u have business plan yourself?

1-business plan
    2-team to do the job (hiring right people)
    3-having someone who knows about business beside you or maybe business coach all this u must do one after another
    4-there are many things u need to learn. like are u good leader? can u run a company? are u good boss? extra and extra.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

singam makes some great points there V Maynard and you could benefit from reading them and taking them to heart.

Have you prepared a business plan for your idea, that shows how the business will be profitable enough to pay back your investors / funders?

4. Yanni

Yanni
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you don't always need a business plan though... sometimes it's best just to make action steps -> just remember where you want to end up.

5. aapkae

aapkae
    uix_expand uix_collapse

well its tough to get a business partner in starting without any output,but if you are lucky enough then who know you might get one in starting