Is it possible to earn money through gaming?

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by Mindmaster, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Mindmaster

Mindmaster
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello members, I want to ask if we can earn money through gaming. One of my opponent in my class earns few dollars online through gaming but I could not find how he does this. I am gaming since a long time but never had any idea of earning from it. If anyone has an information about my query, please, feel free to share your views.

Thanks in advance

2. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends what 'gaming' you are talking about? if you mean gambling, then yes, it is possible on certain games. I.e. if you can play Poker then you can make some money from this online. Online roulette is another one that you can make a few $ in short bursts. If you play for too long then you will lose your money back.

3. Mindmaster

Mindmaster
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks a lot for your prompt response. Well, I don't play such games like Poker and Roulette online. LAN games and flash games are my areas of interest and can do well in these kinds. I have won few rewards in 'Online Tournament' as well. If you know something in this area and suggest me that would do a help.

Thanks

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Some sites do pay you to play games in an effort to encourage you to play their games. However, it's really only a promotional offer and it's unlikely that you will earn decent money from it. Have you asked your friend which sites are paying him?

5. minh345

minh345
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some gaming site's pay for playing games I have seen them but I do not like to play there as it loads slowly. And also cannot trust them. You can sarch in Google for list of site.

6. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, there are many game site provide cash and prize for the member. However, this kind of game site normally not for the international member but only available for member from certain countries.
    Wondering where are you from?

7. Artee

Artee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well there's a posibility to earn playing MMO's - virtual money selling. However it is risky - if you get caught by admins you'll probably be banned for life.

8. merlinsorca

merlinsorca
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, maybe specific games hold in-game contests/tournaments/battles where you can earn money if you win. Some games hold "real" tournaments where you have to go somewhere and play the game against professionals elsewhere; if you win you get money...

9. zhishere

zhishere
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i want to know it too,i have heard such a site which we can get paid by playing games,but i never tried to join,maybe they are scams.

10. Shank

Shank
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Adverbux used to offer monetary rewards for top-scoreres of their flash games.Now they are gone,I don't know if their is any other site like that.

11. kelly

kelly
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Online gaming is a nice way to earn money online. A usual single player web games offers cash prizes. If you are like to play in a group there are multiplayer games and tournaments to earn money online.

12. Radiance27

Radiance27
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am curious about that too. I play a lot of games online. I would like to know about that too.

13. sdymdg_yaar

sdymdg_yaar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

By gaming also we can earn money. Playing oniine poker is best of all. Also inboxdollars.com give rewards on playing games onine.

14. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Most of this kind of game site only provide cash prize to the winner. It is still good if you are game's fan

As i mentioned, most of them are only available for certain countries but not international member. Therefore, paid to play game is not so popular

15. Kibby

Kibby
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you like online racing game then I could suggest playing Project TorqueIt's basically and online racing game made by Aeria Games and every so often project torque has racing competitions where you can earn money in the thousands I think and also cool hardware like gaming racing kid and other cool things like that.

16. Julius

Julius
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You should try to be a professional gamer

17. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You are right.
    Here's a related article on professional gamers who earned thousands by just playing:

18. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good for them, what a way to make a living. I hope they look after their eyes and their posture with all that time they spend in front of a PC monitor.

19. nithin_hbk007

nithin_hbk007
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have heard from some of my friends that there are sites which pay you to try out their new games and provide feedback..Also there are gaming sites which earns you money..

20. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, this is other type of freelance job. They called it as "game tester", they test the new launched or beta game, then give write feedback or review to the developer. Developer will pay them for the feedback / review.