Is it necessary to have keywords as tags in a WP site?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by davidemarsh01, Jun 2, 2010.

1. davidemarsh01

davidemarsh01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I was promoting my 20 sites through CPA offer. The main website is basically dedicated to car insurance, whereas the other sites are the same but the domain name and keyword contain a city or state mention. Now, I have also made my writers write articles with the keyword name of each site and domain. However, every site has quite a similar keyword; and the mere difference is the change in state or city name for each domain. Now, I want your inputs. Is it apt to change the keywords equivalent to the titles of the article for creating the tags as the titles? I don’t know what exactly my tags are. Will the tags equal to keywords?

2. realitybites.in

realitybites.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its Not necessary ....if you have it GOOD
    You Don,t get really big boost using Keyword in Tags in search placements ....!

3. zackjeffries

zackjeffries
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Search Engines will most likely crawl on your contents' keywords and rank your site depending on the quality you have. Thus, Content Is KING!

The question whether keyworded tags are necessary is not an easy one... The answers vary with search engines' rules... Your tags might help your sites appear on search results (page 1 or not) but they won't easily give you high page rank... I found an article regarding Tag's Importance. You can further check it out.

http://www.searchenginejournal.com/the-importance-of-keywords-meta-tag-in-seo/6014/

4. realitybites.in

realitybites.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

zackjeffries
    There is huge difference between Meta Tag and Tags
    The link which you have given is about Meta Tag and davidemarsh01 is asking about Tags

5. zackjeffries

zackjeffries
    uix_expand uix_collapse

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I saw a video blog post by Matt Cutts from Google, where he said that there was no need to add tags to blog posts. His opinion was that it is enough to add the key phrase about two or three times within the post and there was no need to also add tags.