Is it good to open online shop?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Chinatrip, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Chinatrip

Chinatrip
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, I'm thinking to sell pearls online, as my sister has a real store. Do you think it'll be good to try?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Does your sister have a website as well? Would you be creating an online shop for her, or would you be a competitor? Do you want to sell locally, nationally, or internationally?Who are your competitors? Do you have the funds available to promote the site properly once it is created, in addition to the funds to create it in the first place? This is going to be a business, so are you willing, and able, to take the time to make sure the business is successful? These are all questions you need to answer in order to answer your question.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The fact that your sister has a store selling those products, is a big advantage for setting up your own online resource. It will give you access to suppliers and hopefully she can pass on her knowledge of the business to you. Given that your sister has the store your set up costs should not be too significant, so why not go for it? The investment won't be large, so you won't have lost very much, if it doesn't work out, but you will have gained a lot of experience and knowledge.

4. bermuda

bermuda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Before attempting to launch a new commercial web store, search both online and offline worlds to find similar portals and sites that sell the same kinds of products, then examine the web niches to notice how competitive they are, the chances of succeeding, how many potential customers, etc.

Registering a new domain name and using a solid paid hosting account and having your site up and running can be the easy parts of doing a business. The main challenge is operating a highly visited site that has hundreds or even thousands of visitors and potential customers every month.

5. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

People today likes buying online I did make my first sale even when I jut advertise my products on classified ads. Your sister can really be a good support. Selling her product to your store wil be a good start.

6. BacklinksInc

BacklinksInc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

selling you own products online is one of the most profitable ventures. And you wont have an much headache like you would from affiliate sites and some cpa methods. Ecommerce is about building a real business, and it works great.

7. kaminiprajapati

kaminiprajapati
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, Its good Idea to sell Online Product Because now a days, people who use internet its Mostly search any product online. If they satisfied that Product after research then Buy online Because its very easy & reduce time so its now a good Technic to promote Your Product Online. There are Many E-Commerce site which provide Online Purchase system.

8. nagavenkata

nagavenkata
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Of course, it is very better to have a online portal where you products can be listed and offers online purchase to the customers. If you can do better search engine optimization the more sales can happen at your website.

9. Angelina786

Angelina786
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its a good Idea. Having an online business can benefit your business in multiple ways. By doing Social media marketing of your webiste you will get more and more client easily.

10. kristenhanna

kristenhanna
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A good idea to sell any product through online. But you need to know and understand the current marketing trend and about your products you wish to sell. Because the competition in online marketing has become high and it is highly important to stand unique among the competitors to succeed in your online business.

11. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Why not? It is always better to have a website, at least people can view your product before go to your shop. Suggest first focus on your local market, it has less problem to consider

12. danemedel

danemedel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Online store is great idea. Because you customers can get a chance to see all your product through photo without going in your store. If I am the buyer and have a very busy schedule I will choose to buy online and pick my own choice rather than going to a real store. Good luck ;)

13. jhone007

jhone007
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Now a days it is ultra modern technique. This electronic way of selling product is beneficial for both customer & business owner. Buyer can easily reach on a product & seller can get customer without wasting time.