Is it black hat technique?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by tomjunction, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomjunction

tomjunction
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In order to create a free blog, there are thousands and thousands of blogs that I have created from numerous sites. On each and every blog, I have put my links which are all the same links and the content used in all these blogs is also the same. So as to facilitate spiders to crawl my website easily in Google, each blog has been submitted to different social media sites. Would this be considered as a black hat technique? Does anyone have any advice or suggestions?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Tom, if those blogs are not quality sites with original content, it's unlikely that linking them to a single site will be of any significant benefit. Your approach would probably work much better if you scaled it back a little and focused on quality rather than quantity. Links from a handful of quality sites, with good content, will help you more than loads of links from poor quality sites.

You might also benefit from this previous discussion regarding link farms. Google doesn't like link farms and you don't want them penalising your site because you use a link farm to promote it.

3. kleidmoore

kleidmoore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Creating a back link is important for you to get crawled in Google, but this will going to be a black hat technique once you never monitor the inbound and outbound link. What i mean is you have to be very choosy when linking to a site, must be relevant to your site and it has a good quality site. On that way White hat technique was being applied.

4. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Did I read that "all content from these sites of yours are the same" correctly?
    Duplicated content means it's of low quality and you will not really benefit from it.
    Focusing on one site, after another, is much better than making these,

5. Tecknowoman

Tecknowoman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I second GekiDan the strategy is not of issue but you need to use original content or spin your content to appear at least 30% unique for use in each site. It is easy to do.

6. spinxwebdesign

spinxwebdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The Link Wheel Strategy is completely white hat and all the webmasters uses this and no one has any problems with this. The key for taking benefit from Link Wheel is UNIQUE content. Your site blog should also not have the content submitted to this sites.

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Are you sure all of them? I'm a webmaster myself and I am not using Link Wheel.

What do you mean by this?

8. hetal_387

hetal_387
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Tom..
    I am agree with Fergal and GekiDan..
    It is not Black Hat technique but same content is also not good. There is no meaning bookmarking same content from different blog site to diff bookmarking site.

As said by Tom.
    "So as to facilitate spiders to crawl my website easily in Google, each blog has been submitted to different social media sites. No you are no way helping to crawlers rather you are confusing them. Instead of using the same content for different blog try to stick with one blog and do some quality seo and backlink generation for your blog with unique quality content only.

This will be more fruitfull for you. Thats what I think.
    Good Luck Tom :)

9. Doblo7

Doblo7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have to say that although link building through blogs and social media is okay at the moment I have to ask how long this will continue to be true. Google always appears to be moving the goalposts a little each time and I have to ask when the people in charge will start to ask how valuable are these links?? If links are posted on blogs for the very purpose of increasing inbound links when will there be a case for saying these links are useless as they have simply been placed there for link value only. Yes the methods are 'white hat' (although I don't see the value in duplicate content other than it being quicker & easier to do) but what really is the vaule to people searching.
    Why should one site be ranked higher than another simply because there are more links pointing to it than another site...? The content may be poor on the higher ranked site - of what value is that to Google to have traffic going to sites with good links but poorer content.
    Baffled if I know but I wonder how long before Google's crawlers actually read content in context better and start ranking sites not on how many links paid / non-paid go to it but how good and relevant the content is....
    My two-penneth anyway :)

10. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Very interesting points there Doblo7. Google have been moving the goal posts as you say and I wonder if they will begin to discount links from blog comments and forum signatures. I'd say that many blog and forum owners would actually welcome that, as it would reduce the amount of spam they receive on their sites.

11. Bubblez

Bubblez
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have been told (I'm new at this myself, have only been at it for about a year now) that quality is much better than quantity. Sure, having both is good but you want you links to be to good sites. Putting your links on low quality sites can actually hurt you in the end

12. Avni Shergill

Avni Shergill
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you have used the same content in all the blogs, then sorry, but it is of no use. I will suggest you to do blog submissions in some of the quality sites with unique content, this will help you to increase your website ranking.

13. carldweb

carldweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

free blog creation it is not a black hat technique but if you have only one category nd you are making different blogs then that will be seo technique to improve ranking & bring new visitors but not a black hat technique.

14. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To put it simply, all your efforts are counted by Google as ONE. You may have lots of blogs created, but it is Google these days is smart enough to see if it is coming from one IP, or if not - how you structured it.

15. marrick

marrick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not all webmasters use link wheel. And many of the link wheel users have suffered from wrath of Google. Whether or not you use unique contents to your link wheel, it will still be viewed as manipulative by Google.

16. Bestseoservice

Bestseoservice
    uix_expand uix_collapse

"Black Hat" search engine optimization is customarily defined as techniques that are used to get higher search rankings in an unethical manner. These black hat SEO techniques usually include one or more of the following characteristics:
    • breaks search engine rules and regulations
    • creates a poor user experience directly because of the SEO techniques utilized on the Web site
    • unethically presents content in a different visual or non-visual way to search engine spiders and search engine users.
    If you are Following rules surly google didn't affecting your website ranking

17. nadablue

nadablue
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In order to attain high ranking in search engine result page, websites go for various methods and techniques which are characterized by two categories.
    the method which are implemented and acceptable according to search engine guidelines are White Hate SEO, on the other hand, the method which are less acceptable or instructed to avoid in search engine guidelines are Black Hat SEO.

Black hat SEO is the another strategies of SEO. that Strategies not follow the Rules of Search engines and just try to permute website any how. this type of SEO is banned by the Google and big Search engines.

Some black hat seo techniques are:
    1. keyword stuffing
    2. cloaking
    3. Doorway Pages or Gateway Pages
    4. link Farming
    5. Hidden text.etc

18. alex719

alex719
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you mean you create free blogs and linking to ur money site, I don't think that's would case a penalty. I am using this technique with medium and low combative keywords and it's working good.

19. ConanLake

ConanLake
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If your content its not original and you used the same content for blog submission, well yes this is a black hat. Remove that duplicate content as soon as possible. Google can harm your site ranking.

20. user2837

user2837
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I remember reading in many places that duplicate content is pretty bad and I would do what I could to avoid it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.