Is it bad to give link on under construction Page?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by justiceabhishek, Aug 1, 2013.

1. justiceabhishek

justiceabhishek
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Guys,

I have Two quarries -

1) Suppose I have two domain having same kind of business one is abc.com and another domain abc.in which is targeting to different location now my question is as abc.in is in under-construction so it will be good to give url on under-construction page of abc.com or not.??

One more quarry-

2) Is it good if I get a number of links from footer of various sites. Will it consider a good link or spamming ?

Kindly help?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You actually have two "queries". A "quarry" is a place where marble or another type of rock is mined. Or, if you prefer, you have two "questions".

I'm not clear what your question is. Did you want to send link to abc.com while abc.in is under construction, or are you trying to link to a page on abc.com that is also under construction while abc.in is under construction?

I would say not to do this. It may or may not be considered spamming, but it is not a quality link. Each link you get is considered an endorsement of your site. If you simply put your link in the footer of a bunch of sites, or even on a page designed for that purpose, it is not valuable as an endorsement. On the other hand, an article about the subject of your website, which includes a keyword that links back to your site, is more likely to have more value. Even a press release about a special event that includes a "click here" link to your website can have more value than footer links on random websites. Remember, it is not, and never has been, about the quantity of links you get, but the quality of those links.

3. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Why are you going for two domains when you have the same one Business? Do you mean abc.com goes International and abc.in is targeted for let's say Indian users? I don't think you would need 2 domains extension, SEO can be the way to target your customers.

For your second questions, you can get backlinks which are of good quality. That will help you rank well too.

4. kjohns

kjohns
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As far as my knowledge and experience is concerned i have seen the websites that are under construction having the links to another site (probably of developer's site) and some that do not have the links. As if we experience that the site where we are going to get link back to are website should be having good page rank and traffic thus the links placed on the under construction sites would not worth in this regard because they may have no traffic as well as page rank so it is worthless to post links on the site that is under construction.
    As far as your second question is concerned the answer is again that if the site having you link is of high page rank as well as having good number of traffic then it would be useful otherwise it may harm your site if Google will penalize it.